free lure making kit CLOSED WITH WINNER

aplumma

Cliff's Cream of roasted garlic seafood chouder.

Ingredients:

5 garlic Bulbs

4 Tbsp Olive Oil (a little more won't hurt)

2 1/2 cups chicken broth

1 cup white wine (and a glass for you while you are cooking)

2 1/2 cups of milk

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1/2 cup peeled and cubed potatoes

1 1/2 cups salad shrimp (but you can use clams, scallops or almost any fish cut into small pieces or any combination of above) (you can leave the fish out if you just want to serve this as a soup)

salt and pepper to taste

Cut about 1/4" off the top of the garlic bulbs and place them cut side up in a shallow roasting pan, drizzle olive oil over the cut area and bake in a pre heated 350° oven for 1 hour.

Cool slightly then press individual garlic cloves between thumb and finger squeezing the garlic out.

In a sauce pan, combine garlic, chicken stock, and white wine, simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.

Stir in the milk, cream, and potatoes and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.

Puree the soup/chowder in a blender then return to the sauce pan.

Now I usually take the bits of raw garlic that came out of the top of the bulbs and add it to the mixture at this point then add the shrimp or whatever else I am using. Add your salt and pepper, reheat and serve with a garnish of grated cheese or parsley.

I may not win the prize but I will promise you one thing, if you do make this, your whole house smell warm and sweet, and your guests will love it.

Oh, and if I could, I would serve it with some of Bruce's fantastic home made bread on the side.

(now you know why I'm BIG CLIFF LOL.)

Cliff,I am known as the soup Nazi around here and I can tell you I started salivating reading this recipe.Thanx.

Joe

MY favorite recipe when camping.

1. A good hot fire pit.

2. A fillet of choice freshly caught.

3. depending on the size of the fillet,dice it up in cubes,about 1/2 -1/4"cubes,I prefer pickerel

4. 1 can of cream of brocoli or whatever of your choice as long its its cream of something

5. slowly cook the cubed fillets and cream of brocoli/califlour over the hot coals to desired richness

6. Eat till your hearts content.

We did this in Bruce National Park with a fresh 12lb pickerel I caught 1/2hr before.We were hungary and only brought up canned food to make it easier for use.Man that was some awesome meal.

The turtle recipe is surely a dinger.I may try it out one day to freek out my kids :w00t: .

BTW in most contest,arent family and employees excluded?

Cliff,I am known as the soup Nazi around here and I can tell you I started salivating reading this recipe.Thanx.

Joe

Glad to share it Joe, you won't find it in any cook books, it took me a couple of years to perfect it.

I'd have shared my French Onion soup recipe too but I use dehydrated puffball mushrooms in it and I don't think you can find them in any store, I always dehydrate one or two every fall when I get them. You'll just have to make a side trip when you come up this summer, I'll give you some to take home with you and the recipe!

Way to go Darcy!! Lots of great recipes in there OFC should put a recipe link in here...could probably make a cookbook!!

That is a great idea,I thought we had a section here at one time.Any chance of this happening?I've got some great ones to post.

Joe