Whitefish chum other then minnows

glen

It really just depends on what your whitefish are eating. Try to copy their natural diet the best you can.

If they have more of an insectivorous diet, noodles and rice and a bit of roe.

If they have more of a piscivorous diet, salted minnows are you're best bet.

i use GARLIC!!!! works wonders! no word of a lie either. when the salmon start commin in they go pretty nuts for it too.

Do you just toss cloves down there or whats your trick? I know ive done the garlic powdered rice before.

On Simcoe, the whities move in ,and off thier feed.Small shell like clams or zebra mussels.Look for areas that will hold these.Mostly shoals and drop offs. As for baiting them, salties with eggshells in a dumping can,but ,no longer are salties allowed on Simcoe.

Do you just toss cloves down there or whats your trick? I know ive done the garlic powdered rice before.

i chop it up the day before. you could do it JUST before you go too. sometimes i just throw it around for a few minutes of action :P and sometimes i put it in a little roe sack sorta deal and attach a sinker and lower it into the water. when you throw the garlic around you may see a fish or two jump for it. i did that when the atlantics were commin in. was a pretty cool site!

Waay back in the day..80's and 90's there were fishermen spamming the holes with cooked Barley, roe, egg shells and various other breakfast cereals.This was on Simcoe, long before the information highway.

Nowdays for me atleast it's cooked pasta and white rice on lakes other than Simcoe. I'ts pretty cool to watch the rice or pasta showers fall to the skittish whities on the electronics. At this time of year leftovers can make or break a successful whitie mission.

Late ice and ice-out whities go bannas....no need to chum/spam these toothless feeders.

Don't make put up the Betty White, polygrip commercial!!