CANADIAN GIRLS KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!

tightline

Way to go, ladies!

The Canadian goalie, Shannon Szabados, did to the Americans what Miller did to the Canadian men a few nights ago. Not that the rest of the team didn't play well --- they did. But the game could easily have been even more of a nail-biter without Szabados's performance in the net. She should get TWO gold medals. :)

I am loving the hockey, but that gold medal final was beautiful. There was heavy pressure from the US team and Szabados closed the door. The game was set after 15 minutes, and the real test was in the forechecking and penalty killing in the last two periods, flawless performance on both sides.

I liked the ovations provided by the crowd to the members of the other teams, especially to the members of the American team. I liked that the crowd showed respect.

I liked the ovations provided by the crowd to the members of the other teams, especially to the members of the American team. I liked that the crowd showed respect.

Yes, I thought that was classy too. And the American girls reacted with some class as well. They were utterly crushed by the defeat (you could see it in their faces and their body language), and yet when girl after girl on the American team got a good ovation, they started to react in appreciation and wave to the crowd.

I hope you enjoyed the girls playing because it might be the last time....the Olympic committee is thinking about discontinuing woman's hockey in future winter Olympics due to no other competition (except Canada and the USA).

Yup. It's okay for Euro nations to "own the podium" in their favourite sports though, like in ski jump & Nordic skiing. But some American might have messed that up this year. :P

JF

I hope you enjoyed the girls playing because it might be the last time....the Olympic committee is thinking about discontinuing woman's hockey in future winter Olympics due to no other competition (except Canada and the USA).

I can see Olympic committee's point it was the only Womens hockey game worth watching. However it was a great game congratulations to Canada and to the USA. Both teams played well and fortunatly Canada came out on top this time.It's a shame the European women havn't got into hockey like the North Americans.

I can see Olympic committee's point it was the only Womens hockey game worth watching. However it was a great game congratulations to Canada and to the USA. Both teams played well and fortunatly Canada came out on top this time.It's a shame the European women havn't got into hockey like the North Americans.

Frankly, that game wasn't exactly stellar hockey (they practice with midget boys), but it had lots of excitement and evoked a bunch of emotion, and isn't that what competition is about? I watched a little of the Bronze medal game and it was really about the same in terms of hockey quality. Given time and incentive the women's game will get better and evolve into it's own game instead of a pale imitation of the men's version.

JF