Not too cool Shimano!!

bucktail

Can't believe a huge company like shimano with tons of money would not want to help kids in the reel program. Wonder what their excuse is. Pretty greedy if you ask me. Feeling a bit of regret on my latest purchase. Also noticed they stopped including spare spools on midrange reels like the symetre.

I think JPD is correct . Shimano does get included here or at least it always did. To be honest they have some good rebates that exceed these anyways. I may not like some of their products but they have done an amazing job at supporting kids always and foremost out front when it comes to this.

I was planning on picking up a tekota line counter, the problem with bps is that there base prices on reels are expensive now, a tekota goes for $234, even with the special it is still $194, I know lebarons sells it for $209 all the time, and my fav local shop bills bait, always gives me great prices, I looked into BP because I got a $50 gift certicate to blow.... Same thing on other trolling reels, they sell okuma convectors for $99, where as most place are low $80's

It always amazes me how quick people are to jump on things even when they aren't factual... They haven't been running the trade in program in the US for a few years now but here in Canada they always have. It's a testament to Shimano Canada's commitment in the sport. I think it would be impossible for anyone to argue the fact that Shimano Canada supports our passion more than any other manufacturer out there...bar none!

They created and implemented the water weigh in system in tournaments for the betterment of the fisheries, work hand in hand with Queen's University biology and Dr. Bruce Tufts, support countless organizations like OFAH, CBAF and kids events. Are on the front lines with the fisheries closures going on right now... Phil Morlock is representing the fishing community at the highest level being involved in Congress and yes, he's from Shimano Canada. But hey, let's kick them while I have a soap box and a mic! :rolleyes:

Not trying to stir thngs up but if you follow the the links BPS has on there website and select the Toronto store it doesnt take you to the Canadian deals but the US deals.

They have just added a banner this weekend above the specials that takes you to the Canadain March special , but the links from the Toronto store still takes you to the US March specials.

I wish BPS would finally integrate the Canadian market into there website better so that I could actually use it for info and shopping, my money is as good as anyone from the USA last time I looked.

Either way being a sponsor that encourages childrens future in the sport wouldnt be a bad thing anyway.

Edited by bucktail

When I was doing Fishing Tournaments for Kids, Shimano Canada along with Berkly (Pure Fishing) were 1 of the 1st to come on board and would send me anything that was needed including Rods & Reels for the Children, So pls do not criticize a company just because (in your words) does not work on the trade in's of a store....

Edited by Loonietoon