One last tip

Garry2Rs

Oh Waaaaaaaa. l wish l had your knowledge. l wish l could bring in more fish than l do. l have been made a joke at OFC as the drama king and do l quit. l have gone trout fishing 30 times in a row with out catching a fish do l quit.

l am not a person to say nice fish,nice baby, nice truck, or l am so happy/sad for you. As a fisher man do you quit? DMass is a great person and is an avid and dedicated person when it comes to fishing and will help anyone even my useless fishing talent. Almost every time he posts someone has to crap on it. He is still here and still my friend and still helps me with the trout.

You want to quit then that's your choice but don't leave because you have not received the acknowledgment in which you think you deserve. Vanity is destructive.

Ken

Ps. l even wish l could write posts as good as you.

Oh Waaaaaaaa. l wish l had your knowledge. l wish l could bring in more fish than l do. l have been made a joke at OFC as the drama king and do l quit. l have gone trout fishing 30 times in a row with out catching a fish do l quit.

l am not a person to say nice fish,nice baby, nice truck, or l am so happy/sad for you. As a fisher man do you quit? DMass is a great person and is an avid and dedicated person when it comes to fishing and will help anyone even my useless fishing talent. Almost every time he posts someone has to crap on it. He is still here and still my friend and still helps me with the trout.

You want to quit then that's your choice but don't leave because you have not received the acknowledgment in which you think you deserve. Vanity is destructive.

Ken

Ps. l even wish l could write posts as good as you.

Try the fish tank they have at Loblaws. You can even see them biting. :lol:

I'm only jabbin ya, so you better not leave, I like you posting style.

Edited by Syn

Garry,

I joined OFC back in 2004 or somewhere around that time.I think they've done two or more board changes since then.I bet I check on the site pretty much every night and read pretty much all posts fishing related anyway,so I would have read yours too.I probably post or reply once in 4 or 5 hundred posts and really only on stuff I feel I can add anything to.Just look at my post totals;the previous boards were probably less before the change.Don't take it personal some of us just like a really good read and that's how I view OFC most of the time...A REALLY good read you just gotta go back to time and time again!

Cheers! Kerry

2Rs took me fishing on his home lake near Apsley the same day that the power went out all over the NE, 2nd week of August it was. 2003.

But anyway, it was Garry who took me muskie fishing for the first time, and gave me my first lesson with a baitcaster. On that same afternoon, I succeeded in pulling a bait away from a really nice muskie. My first.

Garry was also famous for the best photography on OFC back in the early days - some of his captures still ring the bell. He is a wise and gentle man, a nice guy I guess you would say.

Garry, these are all things you know. I don't expect a comment from you on my posts, even if I actually went fishing and caught something, a very rare event. I enjoy your reports and seeing your scruffy mug again, if only to learn how to take pictures. I think your posts stand on their own merit, replies or no.

Best to you, 2Rs.

no--there may be 2 of us

lol

Weird hardly captures it accurately Laz

The Drama--what the hell?

sorry our Community disapointed you

Get over your self dude--you have a demonstrated Ego the Size of Manhattan

Seriously-- wish you every success on your Journey

but really -am taking my ball and going home--Grow UP!

GOOD BYE

ID1

I can understand what you are feeling as I have seen many posts regarding fishing with few replies and have made some posts with little response also but I didn't take it personally. Figure that sometimes people just want to look but have nothing to say but still enjoyed the story or the pictures however yes responses due make a difference because if no comments are made then a person can say why bother?

Hope you have a change of heart and stay around, I do enjoy your posts and can still remember your escapades about the accident on your way south.

If you decide to keep with your plans best of luck to you and good health.

Garry,

I only got one thing to say bud......dacron sucks :lol:

Almost ten years after we haggled over this topic for the first time ever I still use mono(after experimenting) for all my applications,bass,walleye even pike and muskie oh ya,even steelhead :D ....If I can land a ten pound steelhead on 3 pound mono what does that tell ya ??? I guess its mostly personal preference for me.

Don't get me wrong,after arguing with you on numerous occasions I did try to cross over to the dark side spending oodles of cash on dacron to test it out and see if there was any merit to your argument only to end up with a lot of abrasive twine to tie up my tomato plants with and even then the stuff kept on reeking havoc buy cutting into the plants instead of into my guides and flesh.

Now common and lets move forward,keep your posts coming.We read them and obviously they satisfy our expectations or you would be getting negative response and eventually ending up with little locks beside your threads which I have never seen or done yet so your doing something right. Your a good man Garry and we have come along way so hold it together bud and carry on.....

Hi Garry, I always enjoyed reading your posts. I always thought you were a fountain of sound information. It's a shame you won't be around anymore. It's worth noting that just because you don't get a response it does not mean what you posted was not appreciated. If nobody was reading your threads It would be a different story. I think you'll find that some of most worthless threads are actually the longest. Maybe see you around if I ever get a boat that works. Cheers, Ross

I often wonder why people announace a departure perhaps looking for a little attention, I would agree that the board is changing probably the younger demographic.

Still lots of good people here and lots of good info you just have to wade through the junk!!

Couldn't agree more! What i dont understand is why everyone is kissing your butt and not just showing you the door....

Suck it up!

Wow... A "oldtimer" does a classy thing and says his goodbyes to those that matter here and KNOW him.. And you guys jump all over him.... perhaps it is this mentality displayed by some of you that helped him in making this decision. Such is the internet age I suppose....

OFC is definetly not what it used to be... I think alot of us "oldtimers" can agree with this.. Some of us remember it's former glory....

And to be frank... 99.5% of the drama created on OFC is not from the Oldtimers... but by the "newbies"

2 R's sorry to see you leave and hope you are just taking a break.... Be well my friend..

G.