Berkely

canadadude

I've been using berkely lines and products for almost 30yrs and have found them more then satisfactory until this year!!! Your micro ice line sucks, it has more memory in it then any mono I've ever used no matter what pound test from 2lb- 8lb it sucks big time, it's ashame considering this was once the best line for ice fishing. Your gulp products in a jar are also a freaking joke, everything I own is covered in your stinking gulp juice your freaking product leaks out on all my gear. I don't care if Berkely gulp is the answer to live bait, it's a dirty, stinky slimy product to cary in my tackle pouch.It really gets me angry when a company like this absorbs a bunch of small companies and turns there products into Berkey crap

Guest steel'n'esox
I've been using berkely lines and products for almost 30yrs and have found them more then satisfactory until this year!!! Your micro ice line sucks, it has more memory in it then any mono I've ever used no matter what pound test from 2lb- 8lb it sucks big time, it's ashame considering this was once the best line for ice fishing. Your gulp products in a jar are also a freaking joke, everything I own is covered in your stinking gulp juice your freaking product leaks out on all my gear. I don't care if Berkely gulp is the answer to live bait, it's a dirty, stinky slimy product to cary in my tackle pouch.It really gets me angry when a company like this absorbs a bunch of small companies and turns there products into Berkey crap

And a big round of applause for Berkley products, you must be pissed, although I would have to agree with you on this one, when I look back at the Berkley products I use to use, and what I use now there not making anything off me.

Don't candy coat it man...Give it to them straight :)

Sorry to rant on this great fish'in site , but I've had enough crap from the Berkely corporation there products are below anybodies quality and for the fisher's on here I would ask for a boycot on there all berkely products. There selling substandard crap and expecting us fishers to use there product because of the name. For years berkely made and sold a fine product but unfortunatly they have chosen to manufaction there product cheaply over seas and the results suck

After reading that part I decided to go check my tackle bag. Luckily I kept the gulp (I switched back to powerbait less messy) in a bubble wraped envelope that I had around. This is what I found....nice. IF I did not have the envelope all that crap would be on my gear and fishing clothes. I had the lid closed on TIGHT. I guess it just seeped out over time???

pic1

pic2

My buddy had to replace all the carpet in the cockpit of his bass boat from that crap. ate the adhesive that was holding the carpet down. And ive heard from many who have had them leak all over the place. But the gulp in a bag is a good product, I would say. I feel for ya man thats a hell of a mess to try and clean up.

Plano andf Berkley make a Tackle bait management system right now that works great. Yes their ice line does not work that great. Their Baits(Gulp) have been out fishing live bait for me anyways for a while now. Walleye/bass/perch/etc love the stuff. Email pure fishing with your displeasure

Yes it stinks and it's messy but I wouldn't have caught nearly as many fish this year without their products.

I agree but why can't they make it so everything I own dosn't smell like there idiot product gulp alive. At 5+ dollars a jar or 20+ dollars a tub why do I have empty freaking jars and there stink all over ny fish'in bag. Screw you dudes at berkely you want to sell me your product and then I have to put up with cleaning the mess!! Live bait is 10X cleaner then any of those stinking Berkely products and 100% more effective, don't get con ed by the berkely reps, I fish with one and they no poo

Plano andf Berkley make a Tackle bait management system right now that works great. Yes their ice line does not work that great. Their Baits(Gulp) have been out fishing live bait for me anyways for a while now. Walleye/bass/perch/etc love the stuff. Email pure fishing with your displeasure

so what are you telling me, now I have to buy a tackle bait managent system to use there product. Are you freaking kidding me, at $5.00 + dollars a jar they should be baiting my line with there crap!!!! Give me a break I pay good hard earned $$$$$$$ for there product, Berkely should at the very least give me a product that is usable and does not interfere with the rest of my gear.

With all the $$$$ Berkley makes on Gulp, it shouldn't take a team of rocket scientists to figure out a leakproof container..

I love using Gulp leeches on worm harnesses, they last forever.

Edited by BillM

I hear they're working on a new container for their gulp baits... I'd have to agree with you on those...

As for the line, cold temps play a big part in the memory..

HD

Dude it's freaking micro ice, ICE it's made to work in the freaking cold, by the way I'm using it -5c to 0c so not that cold what the crap did you do to this line. Micro ice for years was the best freaking line you could buy, I loved it untill this year and don't blame my reels I use Diawa 700 wiskers on all my ice gear

So the secret in the juice is Soy Sauce? ;)

I have to say that yes it sux to have to deal with the mess but I too use the ziplock tub and don't have a problem. Maybe they should throw in a coupon for a free ziplock tube when you buy the stuff?

Line? HAHAHAHA, garbage... I've used better dentalfloss then the Crystal they sell....

I have mixed feelings about Berkely, I like Gulp but only have ever bought the small packages love Trilene lines but the Vanish product are the worst I have ever used.

I have to agree with the comments on the Gulp bait bucket there obviously is a problem with leaking and just as obvious Berkely does seem to care. The Berkely solution is ask customers to buy another container to replace the defective one.

There are aftermarket products that will work better and prevent the Gulp mess it`s unfortunate that Berkley is reallying on the customers initiative to solve the problem instead of their own.

I loved berkley mono too back in the day (early 90's) and use to fish with it a lot. I felt Berkley line jumped the shark when they started making "sensation" and "ultra thin". Felt like I was buying rubbers not fishing line. The ultra thin was ok ( sensation not so much) but I think they changed the formula of ultrathin in the mid 90's. Mostly using braid for pikies and flouro (bass/panfish) now.

Edited by Syn

For every ..Orvis...Shimano..G Loomis... St Croix.... I've owned and broken, there is a Berkley Rod out there that will do the same job and is just as sensitive as the overpriced designer competition... And guess what ? Most of them are under 100.00$

You cannot take away my Lightnin' Rods or Gorilla Sticks... just like bread and butter to me.

Trilene has NEVER let me down.

I'm not a big fan of scented baits so I have nothing to say on that matter.

Just my 5 cents.

RFS

:canadian: