Snowfari ice huts

asdve23rveavwa

Just a quick thanks to members who have posted about this operation...almost made the mistake of booking a weekend with them. Then I read some of the horror stories that guys have posted in the past...yikes...guess that would be why they still have openings at fairly short notice.

probably one of the worst hut operators i have ever delt with, a few years ago one of my buddies decided to book a weeekend with them so i said sure why not and never again, huts are a piece of crap, the beds broke, the night fish alarm was a santuary bell, plus they were located in the traffic zone a well and the people that run it are retarted and useless.

probably one of the worst hut operators i have ever delt with, a few years ago one of my buddies decided to book a weeekend with them so i said sure why not and never again, huts are a piece of crap, the beds broke, the night fish alarm was a santuary bell, plus they were located in the traffic zone a well and the people that run it are retarted and useless.

Listen man don't hold back tell us how you really feel.

There are some fantastic operators out there and then there are some that can ruin a fishing trip. Many guys like myself can't afford to get away more than once or twice a year and to end up booked with an outfit that doesn't provide you with a good experience can be a real bummer. It is understood that fishing is fishing and the fish don't always bite but when you book a trip what you should be able to expect is a professional operator, clean, serviced accomodations that are in reasonably good shape and reasonable help and opportunity to catch fish. From what I have read in the past about this outfit, this isn't the case. "retarded" might be a little harsh though!

Edited by Big Cliff

There are some fantastic operators out there and then there are some that can ruin a fishing trip. Many guys like myself can't afford to get away more than once or twice a year and to end up booked with an outfit that doesn't provide you with a good experience can be a real bummer. It is understood that fishing is fishing and the fish don't always bite but when you book a trip what you should be able to expect is a professional operator, clean, serviced accomodations that are in reasonably good shape and reasonable help and opportunity to catch fish. From what I have read in the past about this outfit, this isn't the case. "retarded" might be a little harsh though!

Agreed, I also don't usually have too much extra cash for "special" trips, so when I do them...I definitely want to be with someone that makes the experience enjoyable. It isn't always about numbers of fish, but, at least provide decent customer service. Anyways, thanks again guys!!!!!

run a lousy bussiness these days and you wont last... Internet is VERY powerful!

Quite true. If they do sell I hope the new owners have enough sense to change the name.

I can think of one place on Nipissing where the new owners had to work quite hard to overcome the past owners practices. The name is still enough for some to refuse to return although all I've heard about the new owners is quite positive.

just got back last night from Hyatt Outdoors.A well run operation.Rob looked after us,made sure we had everything we needed, even offered to move us around if we werent on fish near the hut.Fortunately we getting some perch , pike ,walleye, herring at different times during the day.I plan on returning at some point and I would recommend Rob.