Dr. Sal's CT Resolution

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Some of you may remember that I had a bad experience a week ago with Canadian Tire. The thread was deleted because some of the kids couldn't play nice, but long story short, I suck and lost my receipt. While this was my fault, the store had always honoured these types of returns as long as the were within 14 days (because they could look the purchase up in the their system...) The warpig employee I attempted to return a crappy ice fishing rod to, wouldn't take it back, and was very rude. At the end of the exchange, the manager on duty refunded part of my purchase and I left angry and embarrassed.

The night of the incident I wrote an email to the store telling them that I had my bank receipts, and explaining how rude the store employee had been. Today, the manager of the store contacted me and resolved the situation like a professional. He looked into my purchase and saw everything I bought that day (about 250 dollars worth of fishing tackle/gear) and is going to fully refund me for the faulty rod and the spool of line it destroyed.

He was a very friendly, professional man, the type that I've become accustomed to dealing with at CT.

Cheers to CT for coming through in the end.

Glad to hear Luc....i have stopped from buying tackle from CT, we have an awsome store here that is run by an outdoorsman, and he's local. Great prices, gear and services, stopped me from shopping for fishing equip at CT.

My 2 kids work at CTC. The no receipt-no refund thing is here to stay now as of the first week of January. They have been told by the upper management not to give refunds if the person doesn't have the receipt.

It was one of the only store that was left that was actually doing that. They had been doing it for so long and it seems like some people were taking advantage of it. This is not good or bad Customer service this is the norm of other stores. Prove that you bought it there and they will gladly refund you .

So keep your receipts guys!!!!

Edited by wallyboss

My 2 kids work at CTC. The no receipt-no refund thing is here to stay now as of the first week of January. They have been told by the upper management not to give refunds if the person doesn't have the receipt.

It was one of the only store that was left that was actually doing that. They had been doing it for so long and it seems like some people were taking advantage of it. This is not good or bad Customer service this is the norm of other stores. Prove that you bought it there and they will gladly refund you .

So keep your receipts guys!!!!

My firdge is so covered with CTC receipts you can't see the fridge any more. :lol:

Each store can be different. You are not dealing with a chain of stores owned by a single group but a group of franchise stores generally owned by different owners. Some stores are better than others depending on how the owner dictates it is ran.

Generally speaking, I find that stores that have recently opened obviously give you better customer service. For example, when I ask an employee where something is at a CT location that has been around for years, they say "between aisle 20-25 somewhere around there", whereas the new location I went to earlier this week, the employee told me exactly where I could find what i'm looking for, and she even followed me to ensure I found what I needed.