World record Walleye

Anderson

Was doing a search on google and came across this1.jpgI don"t know alot about photoshop but presumably it weighs 23 lbs and was caught in mar /08 in Lk Helen/Steamboat Bay 10 min from my houseWalleys are closed all year in the lower Nipigon River system below Alexander Dam including Lk Helen so my question is if you did catch one that was bigger than the ice fishing record of 18.3 lbs even if you were pike or perch fishing could you enter it Hmmmm :unsure:

Edited by The Rock

This photo has been kicking around the internet for years. Supposedly caught just about everywhere.

The next one you might see is the new canadian record pike or possibly the ontario couger confirmation photo.

Internet bigfoot. :blink:

I have one of the pike photos, actually a pike from europe. Nice fish but not local.

image003.jpg

Edited by Michael Brown

lol i have seen the pike one on the internet quite a few times myself a teacher at my school also included in one of his lessons in our environmnt and resource management class. i also saw it in the summer of 08 at a tackle shop in hearst ontario and the guy there said the smaller pike is around 30 inches and that the pic was taken in the area... dont think so it could have come from anywhere

This photo has been kicking around the internet for years. Supposedly caught just about everywhere.

The next one you might see is the new canadian record pike or possibly the ontario couger confirmation photo.

Internet bigfoot. :blink:

I have one of the pike photos, actually a pike from europe. Nice fish but not local.

Lots of lies on the net, but the photo you have of a somewhat big pike with a small pike in its mouth is legit.

Was doing a search on google and came across this

1.jpg

I don"t know alot about photoshop but presumably it weighs 23 lbs and was caught in mar /08 in Lk Helen/Steamboat Bay 10 min from my house

Walleys are closed all year in the lower Nipigon River system below Alexander Dam including Lk Helen so my question is if you did catch one that was bigger than the ice fishing record of 18.3 lbs even if you were pike or perch fishing could you enter it Hmmmm :unsure:

The IGFA world record Walleye is 25 lbs. from Old Hickory lake in Tennessee, however... there seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding it...

... the story:

http://arkansasroadstories.com/nature/walleye.html

The pike picture is real. It is a monster fish with a smaller pike in it's mouth but it was a fish from europe and was run around the internet as being the new canadian record. I have had a large pike swipe at a smaller hooked pike before but it is a neat photo.

Sometimes a good photo angle can make fish look much bigger also. The only true test is a certified scale.

No touch up to this Simcoe perch photo just a good angle with some giant perch.

Simcoebeasts.jpg

The pike picture is real. It is a monster fish with a smaller pike in it's mouth but it was a fish from europe and was run around the internet as being the new canadian record. I have had a large pike swipe at a smaller hooked pike before but it is a neat photo.

Sometimes a good photo angle can make fish look much bigger also. The only true test is a certified scale.

No touch up to this Simcoe perch photo just a good angle with some giant perch.

Yeah, if you leaned forward another inch.. you'd fall flat on your face!!! :rolleyes: