CTC Comes Through

DRIFTER_016

So here's the story.

Last March during the ice fishing sale at my local Canadian Tire here in Yellowknife I went in to get a Frabil Trekker II flip over ice shanty that they had on sale for $209 which was 1/2 price. I get there and the inventory says there's one in stock. Great!!!!

So the fellow goes to look for it, about 15 minutes go by and he comes back saying that he is unable to locate it. :(

He asks if I can come back tomorrow when so and so is on duty. Sure, bo problem I say.

I come back and talk to so and so and he goes off in search of the elusive ice shanty. After anothe sort wait he comes back and tells me he can't find it either and that it must be a mistake on the inventory. I ask him if they will be getting any more in and he said he didn't know. :dunno:

He said I could get a Rain Check and that because of where we live that they have an indefinate life span, not the usual 30 days like back in civilization.

So I go off rain check in hand and resolve to check in monthly to see wether they are in or not. Well until October their inventory still had one in stock. :blink:

Some smart manager finally adjusted the inventory after about 6 visits by me. I asked when they would be receiving inventory and was told that they would be in in November. Several more visits later and being told, they are on order, they are not on order, I can special order..................I'm starting to get a little ticked. :glare:

One manager told me they wouldn't honour the rain check. :wallbash:

Well I go into the store today and have one of the managers check the stock and THEY ARE IN!!!!!!!! :lol:

He calls the sporting goods manager to look after me and he takes me into the warehouse to look at one he opened this morning to make sure it's correct......................IT IS!!!!!! :D

He loads it up on a dolly and rolls it to the front desk where the first manager is I hand him the rain check he rings up the price $209 and sporting goods manager helps me load it in the truck!!!!!!!! :clapping::clapping:

It took 9 months (coulda had a baby in that time) but I finally got my shelter and at the advertised price from last March.

So for all those that have had bad experiences with CTC here's one that ends with a very happy customer.

After work it will be assembly time in the kitchen. :thumbsup_anim:

Glad it finally worked out for you Dave. I hope all the parts for assembly are in there cause I'd be really embarrassed to to even consider asking the dude for a raincheck for a screw.

Not worried about a missing screw or two.

I have tons of hardware that is probably better than what is supplied anyway. ;)

Good to hear!! I have never personally had a problem with CTC, be it returns or rain checks, and when it comes to stock for their weekly flyers I don't usually have a problem finding things (now Zellers...don't get me started). Enjoy the ice shelter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jw what chairs did the hut come with ? I baught the same hut from CT and mine came with clamp on (sorta like the ms chairs) and my buddy got the same hut with soccer like foldable chairs

I'll let you know when I open the box tonight.

I looked in the box that he had open in the warehouse and it looked like the fold up clamp on ones that are supposed to come with it.

Here's some pictures that were taken for me by one of the ice shanty guy's who went to the Minneapolis Ice Show.

20091205_7.jpg

20091205_8.jpg

Looks like a great set up, and that's an awesome price. Good on you.

I think CTC is great. Sure you come across the odd person having a bad day, but overall its a pretty fantastic store. One of the few canadian stores that can effectively compete at the "big box" level, and i think a lot of that has to do with how they treat customers.

That's a great story and good to hear that everything finally worked out OK for ya, even though it took 9 months.

I've usually found CTC a good store to deal with, infact a couple years back I bought an item from them and FOUR MONTHS later it went on sale for $50 off. I took my bill down and they never even hesitated in refunding me $50 + tax.

Be sure to order the Hifax runners for it Dave if you're gonna tow it any distance with the sled. I got mine thru Wholesale sports in Calgary.

http://www.wholesalesports.com/onlinestore

I pulled mine for about 4000 feet on Saturday.. along the track from pulling it out with Lloyd's sled. It pulls pretty easily... if you're in shape.. which I'm not. That was the hut.. plus a 20 lb propane tank (35lbs).. plus hand auger (5 to 10 lbs).. and my gear/backpack/lunch bag for probably another 60 lbs. Total weight probably close to 185 lbs.

Best way I found was rope under arm pits.. around the shoulder and behind the neck.

Edited by irishfield

Be sure to order the Hifax runners for it Dave if you're gonna tow it any distance with the sled. I got mine thru Wholesale sports in Calgary.

http://www.wholesalesports.com/onlinestore

I pulled mine for about 4000 feet on Saturday.. along the track from pulling it out with Lloyd's sled. It pulls pretty easily... if you're in shape.. which I'm not. That was the hut.. plus a 20 lb propane tank (35lbs).. plus hand auger (5 to 10 lbs).. and my gear/backpack/lunch bag for probably another 60 lbs. Total weight probably close to 185 lbs.

Best way I found was rope under arm pits.. around the shoulder and behind the neck.

I have already ordered the hyfax kit and the travel cover for it. :D

I'm working on building a hitch for it as well.

I won't be doing a lot of hand tugging as most of our lakes aren't road accessible. ;)

Besides it's way easier dragging it behind this. :lol:

14.jpg

When you install the hyfax runners... you'll need to use a heat gun to curve them at the front (after putting the first bolt in). No way they'll go down without doing that. Mine were also about 7" too long.. and the bolt pattern wasn't the best after cutting them off. At the rear end I had to counterbore an extra hole, about 2" in from the end, as the last hole in the runner after cutting them off would have left about 5 or 6" of runner flopping around..... just begging to get snapped off.