Loblaw's should know better than to pee off an old man

Big Cliff

As Salvenius said, they may not be able to take more than 40 considering the size of their tank.

But, they know they'll sell a lot at new years eve regardless of the price so are advertising it as a loss leader to get you in the door and buying other stuff.

I wouldn't worry about the Better Business Bureau though - what are they going to do about it? CLose the file and enjoy the holiday. Just don't shop at loblaws anymore if it bugs you that much.

Well I called my son for you Cliff and not only does he feel your pain, he lives it.

He told me stories about how they also advertise for these huge sales on lobster, then very few will come in and people are mad at him. Then other times they'll ship him 300 or so and he has so many he has to stream all the ones that don't sell and then freeze them, but the steamer only takes 6 or so at a time so he has to do it in batches. Meanwhile, customers want other things steamed so it's like a whole day affair or into overtime. All because the higher ups over or under calculate.

Joey

EMAIL ADDRESSES to reach Galen Weston

[email protected]

[email protected]

to contact Galen Weston(the head guy) it is either

[email protected] or [email protected]

[email protected] (Senior Vice President grocery procurement at Loblaw Companies)

Customer Relations Centre: Toll Free 1-866-999-9890

Do what I do, go right to the top (or better yet, email the guy/girl who is one position from the top and also carbon copy the top dog). This always gets their attention.

I have emailed many heads of companies and always get fast and effective resolutions to my issues (especially today with Blackberries).

In this case, I would email Mike Venton and then also carbon copy the general customer service address, and Galen. They will have to respond/take your issue seriously. My bet is that they send you something for your inconvenience. Just make sure you include ther fact that you are a loyal and longstanding customer of theirs. Always works to butter them up while you are complaining.

Edited by fisher