Kiss Sucks PT. II

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I'm not sure how many of you folks remember, but months back rock "legends" KISS held a contest to plot the "FIRST FAN ROUTED TOUR EVER"... Perhaps this backfired for them because it ended up having quite a few small market venues including my hometown...Sault Ste. Marie...

When they planned their first leg of the tour it didn't include several of the top towns, i believe including the sault and oshawa...there was a huge negative backlash and a 2nd leg was announced a short time later including sault ste. marie...

Fast forward months later and kiss has canceled their sault ste. marie concert just 2 days before the event.

It bothers me that a callous, cold, and shrewd person like Gene Simmons still has such a grip on rock n roll considering they haven't been relevant since the 70's, and it bothers me to see someone crap all over my hometown like that.

KISS SUCKS!

I'm not sure how many of you folks remember, but months back rock "legends" KISS held a contest to plot the "FIRST FAN ROUTED TOUR EVER"... Perhaps this backfired for them because it ended up having quite a few small market venues including my hometown...Sault Ste. Marie...

When they planned their first leg of the tour it didn't include several of the top towns, i believe including the sault and oshawa...there was a huge negative backlash and a 2nd leg was announced a short time later including sault ste. marie...

Fast forward months later and kiss has canceled their sault ste. marie concert just 2 days before the event.

It bothers me that a callous, cold, and shrewd person like Gene Simmons still has such a grip on rock n roll considering they haven't been relevant since the 70's, and it bothers me to see someone crap all over my hometown like that.

KISS SUCKS!

If they suck, then why do you care if they show up? DId you buy tickets to see a poopy band? The only bad thing about this is that the battle of the bands they had for the opening act wont get to show off there stuff at the Essar Centre, but they will. And like Dara said, it is being rescheduled, just like the first time around when they didnt even get to announce the dates for the second leg of the tour, they were getting bashed for not having the Sault and Oshawa first.

I'm by no means a huge Kiss fan. In fact I know more about their merchandising of action figures and comic books and Gene Simmons' show than I do about most of their songs/albums. Having said that, I went and saw them in London a few months back at the JLC with a friend who has been a fan for over 20 years.. and it was a great show. I had a lot of fun and my buddy was all smiles the whole time. So they still know how to put on a show. It's a real spectacle. So, I'm not saying good or bad things about how they schedule their tours, but rather I'm just saying that its still a great show if you do get the chance to see it. Too bad about rescheduling, that's for sure.

Not a fan of KISS but I am a fan of Garden of Bedlam who won the battle of the bands to open for KISS.

Im sure Buzz is bumming but Im sure they will open for them next year.

Bummer for the Garden of Bedlam and the fans in the Soo but the city will get over it...

TDunn

i soooo knew they were gonna pull that crap!! they dont want to play a little town like the sault. im sure the roadies showed up to essar and were like WTH!?!? the stage will probably take up half the floor and the transports and tour buses will take up the parking lot LOL! i dont care to see them and i feel bad for everyone that rushed and bought tickets. i wouldnt want them to come now

When you think about it, they have big hair, tight outfits, and lavish make-up. Ya sure they aren't a bunch of old queens? ;)

Thank you. This thread was getting a little surreal. I was starting to wonder if a bunch of 60 year old men wearing high heels, weird clothes and black and white clown makeup was even remotely close to normal, cuz if so I'm way out on the fringe in my sensible shoes, cords and Old Spice. :P

JF

I have been a KISS fan since the mid 80's actually it was 1984 or 85 when my sisters friend left animalize tape at the house after one of her parties I claimed it for my self and was hooked ever since. I am not a KISS NUT but still like to listen to them Gene has never been shy about wanting to make as much $$$ as he can and has had the KISS logo on everything since they first started so its not a new thing that they want $$$.

I must say it sucks that the show was put off until a later date that happens (I will miss Slayer and Megadeth) in Feb as they had to change the date from Nov and I am away the weekend that the show is in Feb that does not mean I hate the bands I still have floor tickets for teh Feb show that the brother in law might use at least he will have a good time.

The wife and I saw KISS in Windsor and it was a great show if they make it there this summer suck it up and go see them they still put on one heck of a great show.

Here are a couple shots from that show

IMG_5183.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

Edited by MrEh