HI OFNER's

Pete Maina

Hi there folks,

Hadn't been here in a while and wanted to stop in - say HI - see how winter is treating you all. I'm hoping you've survived the cold snap well. For the first time in many weeks, I've seen the temp go above freezing. Pretty exciting stuff after days of nasty temps. At one point went 4 days without getting warmer than - 10 (Farenheit). Pretty interesting phenomenon ... while hearing about global warming on the news constantly. At least we have plenty of ice now.

Did the spring fishing show in Toronto go down already, or is that this coming weekend? Any news I should know of Lew, Roy ...?

Best wishes for wintering-well folks!

Pete

Edited by Pete Maina

Hi,

Ha ha ... cabin fever eh? I think we all do.

Hi Lew. I figured so ... glad to hear went pretty good ... ha ha ... where the ice fishing spirit? All you guys talking about soft water and all. (I actually went for a few days with Gillespie on Lake Superior for trouts and salmon during the real cold stuff and wind ... to be honest, much of the time was spent inside the Frabill shack. Caught a few, but tough bite really.)

Hey T.J. Glad to see you're kicking. I'll check that out.

Pete

well yes pete cabin fever has set in for sure,but there is lots of members going ice fishing and doing quite well,im just waiting for the end of march to get my boat out to prepare for spring salmon fishing in early april on lake ontario near the niagara river,and yes it was nice to get to the spring fishing show to see the new products for 07,and to talk to lots of fishing freinds ,so take care and hope to hear from you soon,when do you start your fishing ,open water i mean????? cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Nice of you to visit, Pete. I gotta say that the Esox Angler team is putting out one superior fishing mag.

Things are good on the Larry 'cept we had to move a few boulders last fall. It'd be nice to catch up with you this season...bring Theresa.

Oh and Pete, Thorpie sends his love.

Hi All,

Hey Keram - thanks for the edit help! (I never know what I'm talking about either - so it's all good :rolleyes:)

Good to hear there are some icers out there. Overall it had been slow, with the severe cold here, but had heard a few good reports. As warm as it "HAD" been ... funny to think that in earlier January folks were thinking there would never be any ice on Chequamegon Bay (of Lake Superior) to stand on all winter. Not certain when the open water start is this year. With my level of organization in recent years-this somewhat hinges on my ability to get my (gear) together ... which can be a challenge for me with all the running.

And thanks Roy! And I'll let Teresa know she has to come along. Thanks for the kind words on the magazine guys. They spring issue should be arriving to you Canucks here soon. Gosh, I hate to say this, but gotta warn you: there's one ugly character on the front of it.

Pete

Thanks Crazyhook ... yeah, those Goliaths are, well, Goliaths. I was joking around about that fighting belt thing ... told them I'm a muskie guy and didn't need no darn "dress" ... was pretty happy to have the dress on.

Not sure how many days I have to fishing skis ... soon, I hope ... to head south a little this spring.

Thorpe on the cover? We wouldn't do that ... He never smiles :rolleyes:

Thanks Crazyhook ... yeah, those Goliaths are, well, Goliaths. I was joking around about that fighting belt thing ... told them I'm a muskie guy and didn't need no darn "dress" ... was pretty happy to have the dress on.

Not sure how many days I have to fishing skis ... soon, I hope ... to head south a little this spring.

Thorpe on the cover? We wouldn't do that ... He never smiles :rolleyes:

I hooked a goliath on my Abu 7000 with a stiff action rod...

the Abu is no longer with us! those fish have shoulders

Ha ha ... yeah, Captain Mark said the Goliath's tend to rid folks of lots of equipment.

Hey Krisco ... glad to hear you're coming on down. I'll be there both days and expect I'll have several seminars ... but I don't know the schedule ... check with the store if you can. Wait, here's a link http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.CFP...storeID=1#19488

Oh, just FYI that the seminar times on the 4th are a bit off (just got a phone call). Sounds like I'll be on at 10 am and then again from noon to 1:30 or so as part of a muskie clinic with Enzo Cerqua.

Pete

Edited by Pete Maina