9/17/09 pics, a few fish...

Greencoachdog

Great report and pics Glen :thumbsup_anim:

Been a while since you last posted a report eh :whistling:

and whats up with your face :blink: are you growing facial hair for the winter or something :lol::lol:

You certainly got into a great mix bag and that last slab and spot were gigantic :w00t::worthy:

Good on ya for figuring the sonar thingny

Again great job G and thanks for taking the time to post this excellent report and sharing!!!

Jacques

Let's be real here my friend........unless you are 11 feet tall those fish are not 9.5 lbs and 4.1 lbs. The world record is only 10.27 lbs...

http://www.insideline.net/2001/news/world-record-spot.html

If you can't be honest then we are not interested in your posts

You'll soon learn about our "Friend"! hahaa :lol:

DSC01867.jpg

This Spotted Bass hit the light 6 hook Sabiki rig and put up a helluve fight, he even broke water once (and I think he broke wind twice!)

This fish was an amazing 25" long and weighed in at 9 lbs. 5 oz. on my digital scale!!!

Truely an amazing day!!!

Slown down there Captian.....

Your sounding more and more like 24/7 everyday.... :whistling:<_<<_<

I gotz to ask? What the hell is that can?

DSC01846.jpg

You gotz beans and wieners in a can? I want some of that.

They come in 4 flavors too!!! Original which is good, Bar-B-Hue is so-so, Baked is too sweet for me... and my favorite, Chilee!!! Kinda like a chilidog in a can!!! :P

Way to go GCD :thumbsup_anim: Want my old Humminbird LCR? Reeeaaalll old school Maybe you'll catch even MORE fish!

You should be catching more fish than me Johnny!

Nice report and pics! 4 fish at once eh? and they say fisherman tell fish stories Just messin with ya Dawg, Great read!

-Ben

That was one of the truest statements in the report Ben! ;)

I wonder if it would make a difference if you turn the sensitivity down on the new unit. Try that for me and report back please.

I'l try that next time glen.

Quite a day you had good work on the report...lots of variety and some nice sizes.

Interesting on the sonar for sure...the ones Ive been looking at fall into the fish spooking category you mention, which I don't appreciate. I can spook fish quite adeptly on my own without the extra help of electronics.

If I had it to do over again knowing what I know now, I'd have purchased this unit.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

Is it just me or we haven't seen one of the signature-topless picture of yours for quite some time?

Damned if I do and damed if I don't Victor! :whistling:

about time we got a fishin report from you.

Your digital scale is screwed. That bass fish is 7-8 pounds at the most. You probably have one of the cheap digital scales. You need to buy a $18945785 scale if you want to get an actual correct weight.

Can I borrow your digital scale?... you won't be needing it this winter, will you?

Awesome Job and you stink phee whew. a 4Lb Crappie come on really

Honest Injun Bubba!

ATTA BOYEE!! Bring on the slabs.

cheers

HD

De Sac-a-laits is in for a world of hurt this winter!!!... I Gare-ron-tee!!!

Thanks for wearing a shirt.

Damned if I do and damned if I don't!!!

and whats up with your face are you growing facial hair for the winter or something

I'm trying to look more like you Jacques!!! ;)

Nice report GCD! Would it kill yah to put yer life jacket on! LMAO!

HH

Well the water was 80*F, I wasn't around any strong current, I was using the trolling motor to propel the boat, and there were other people whitin earshout... yeah, I prolly shoulda been wearing it!

Let's be real here my friend........unless you are 11 feet tall those fish are not 9.5 lbs and 4.1 lbs. The world record is only 10.27 lbs...

http://www.insideline.net/2001/news/world-record-spot.html

If you can't be honest then we are not interested in your posts

He don't know me bewy well, do he?

you were so close to the world record on both fish.....wow what a day u had!!!

That's what I was trying to tell you in my report!!!... actually I was poking fun at the people that overestimate the size of their fish in their reports, and also making fun of the people that belive the pics of a record/near record fish in a report without proof.

The Crappie was actuall 13" long, and the Spot was 18 1/2" long with very thich shoulders... I didn't weigh either fish because I'm not really interested in the weight of any fish under 10 lbs.

Slown down there Captian.....

Your sounding more and more like 24/7 everyday

That's the same exact thing that the Lovely Miss Stephanie told me!!! :w00t:

Edited by GCD

Nice report Glen! Interesting about the fish finder for sure.

Nice double double header :D We Canuktiuks (or whatever you call us) can't get those double headers on our own unless we're ice fishing. How many rods are you allowed per person in Rednec...I mean Alabama?

P.S. I know it's been said, but I think that your scale needs some calibrating...that things gotta be at least 9lbs 6oz. :lol:

get that crappie checked out man you might have some kind of record :)

Dammit man!!!... Ireleased it... but I'll catch a bigger one! ;)

Great report Glen.

Maybe its not the sonar but your chili farts thats scarin them fish away :lol:

Joey

The chili fartz is what brings in the BIG cats Joey!!!

DSC00426.jpg

The more rotten it smells, the better they like it!!! :w00t:

Nice report Glen! Interesting about the fish finder for sure.

Nice double double header :D We Canuktiuks (or whatever you call us) can't get those double headers on our own unless we're ice fishing. How many rods are you allowed per person in Rednec...I mean Alabama?

P.S. I know it's been said, but I think that your scale needs some calibrating...that things gotta be at least 9lbs 6oz. :lol:

On the particular lake I fish we are allowed only 3 rods (but I usually only fish 2) any time of year, it is one of only two lake in the state that has a limit on the number of rods that can be fished... the rest of the lakes are unlimited on the number of rods you can use... you can use 100 or more if you want to.

The 3 rod limit was deemed on Neely Henry (the lake I fish) and Weiss lake (directly above Henry in the Coosa chain) to protect the Crappie population from the "Spider" fishermen, they use up to 30 rods per boat and literally can filter out all the keeper Crappie in a body of water in a matter of just a couple of years. Our Crappie have to be a minimum of 9" long to keep on most lakes but some lakes have a 10" limit, and we have a creel limit of 30 in addition to the length limit.

We love the Crappie down here and suck them down like they were candy!!! :P They're the most popular table fare down here with Catfish a close second!

We don't have any closed seasons on freshwater fish down here, everything is open year 'round!!!

I wonder if it would make a difference if you turn the sensitivity down on the new unit. Try that for me and report back please.

Nice fishes, you could send a bit of that rain up here, 21 days without here in Niagara and the steelhead are waiting for that first cool rain, expect a big initial run when it happens.

As for the sonar question, I couldn't find what I wanted online but I think the output signal (what the fish hear)on most sonars is constant, the sensitivity adjustment is precisely that, you are adjusting the sensitivity of the unit to the received signal/echo . Hope you understand what I mean, turning down the sensitivity in that case would have no effect on spooking the fish. Maybe there is a sonar guru with tech knowledge could clarify if this is the case?

Thanks for the input Dave! I plan to keep using the older weaker unit in shallow water if I want to catch a fish. ;) ... I'm still kicking myself in the butt for taking it off in the first place!!! :angry:

btw... it's been raining cats and dogs here for the last 12 hrs. and the end isn't in sight yet, I haven't checked the rain gauge but I'm sure there's over 50 mm in it! :rolleyes:

Edited by GCD

I guess you got some tough work ahead of you to try and look like me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next time I trim, I'll..... well what I'm trying to say is..... ahhhh never mind..... just razzing ya :lol:

Jacques

Too late Bubba, I shaved today!... I do find that the mangier I look when going fishing, the more fish I catch... that might also explain your success!!! ;)