Name this mushroom

misfish

not sure if it is Agaric or not, just looked through the Autubon Society Feild Guide to Shroomy goodness, either way its orange/red and that means do not touch or eat!!!!!Unless otherwise advised.Either way I am sure it is a member of the 'Amantia' family which is often deadly.

So no, don't eat it!!! lol

I found a mushroom I thought was a morel in my backyard a few years ago (it ended up being one but I was too afraid to eat it).

What stuck with me tho was a sobering saying I found on a website about mushrooms. Something to the effect of "One of two things will happen when you eat a mushroom, you will live or your will die."

Sobering words for sure.

Joey

henery you bad , eaten a few of those in my day , Mis stay away from the Amanita muscaria , ate a few of those myself ,was a time a wanted to return to my viking beginnings , Im old now and a little (very little) smarter .. lol was up in Bancroft on the weekend and could not believe all the different kinds of mushrooms that I found , in just one 2 hundred yard meadow I found 27 different kinds .

I believe it is an Amanita but not the Fly Agaric that has been suggested it is more likely the Amanita flavoconia which is the most common Amanita around. The fly agaric is deeper orange rather than the yellow colour of this mushroom. The damage done to the mushroom is probably from slugs but I would not want to eat it all Amanita species are not edible beware. Here is a site with info about it Mushroom Site

Kawartha Kev

I believe it is an Amanita but not the Fly Agaric that has been suggested it is more likely the Amanita flavoconia which is the most common Amanita around. The fly agaric is deeper orange rather than the yellow colour of this mushroom. The damage done to the mushroom is probably from slugs but I would not want to eat it all Amanita species are not edible beware. Here is a site with info about it Mushroom Site

Kawartha Kev

Amanita muscaria has many sub-species based on colour variation. Regardless of what variety it is, it is still A. muscaria. The majority of ours up here are white, yellow and pale orange. I've heard you can make tea out of them but you will feel pretty rough before the muscimol and ibotenic acid do their job.

If you want the Psilocybes, you would have better luck out on the east coast.