How we get rid of Snow in Virginia

aplumma

As we get storms and need to get rid of branches or wood by products we pile it at the bottom of the pasture. Once we get a nice coating of snow we have us a great big bonfire to sit around and make us feel like it is spring again. This pile is about 20x20 and was really putting out the heat.

Art

I should have clarified we can have bonfires at certain times of the year and the fire dept. needs to be called ahead of time to let them know that it is occurring. We have a no burn time frame also were if you do light it up then you will get a ticket. They are usually prohibited during the summer when it is dry but they can turn the ban on and off as the conditions call for it. The photo was taken from my seat on the tractor it is really handy to push the edges and dump snow on the fire if it gets to big. So come on warm weather I am ready for it now.

Art

That dawg on the left looks like he is panting with his tongue hanging out from all the heat...

We need a burn permit (free from the county) and must let them know when we intend to burn and when it is out...nothing bigger than 10' x10'

x6'...

I just use a ''burn barrel''...

That is Maureen's pooch "Skylar" in the foreground...

I was wondering what that glow was on the horizon to the southeast of me.

Shoulda known, :lol:

We can burn in the rural areas, not right in town. And as said above, we have to get a permit from the MNR(its free) stating what day and time. And, only in spring and fall.

Nice Art.........

Nice 'Thought' about feeling the Spring right -now idea especiallly.

Had something similar today ourselves down at the water edge. I burned all the boxes left over from our move of 2 months back and ....and, is coffee better then tea..?........Sure hope that ws the last of 'em.

We thought it seemed more like spring ourselves when the fire was in its prime.....

Nice to know others thinking along the sames lines........

Life be good to you an Yours...........

Peter