Fishing with two rods

LucG

While out on Nipissing this weekend, I observed a boat with two fishermen, each using two rods! It was quite obveous that they both had one rod hanging off the side with what appeard to be jigs, while casting with another one.

Unlike ice fishing of course, I allways assumed that you were only allowed to fish one rod at a time.

While out on Nipissing this weekend, I observed a boat with two fishermen, each using two rods! It was quite obveous that they both had one rod hanging off the side with what appeard to be jigs, while casting with another one.

Unlike ice fishing of course, I allways assumed that you were only allowed to fish one rod at a time.

Yes, as stated, fishing with more than one line is not aloud on Nipissing, unless through the ice.

Were jig rods fishing in the water :dunno: Or were they just hanging over the side :dunno:

Yes, as stated, fishing with more than one line is not aloud on Nipissing, unless through the ice.

Were jig rods fishing in the water :dunno: Or were they just hanging over the side :dunno:

They were definatly in the water. At one time one of their rods were nearly pulled into the water while left unattended.

A friend of mine saw some guys fishing with live bait in a "no live bait" lake this weekend too.

Did you rat on em?

I tried not to pay attention cause the fish were on. But it was one of the calmest days we've had so their voices traveled very easially. I figured I didnt need to help them get caught since all we heard all night from their boat was the clinging and claning of beer bottles. There was prob 5-6 boat in the area, and these guys didnt even seem to try and hide it.

They will get whats coming! Although maybe I should have noted a description of the boat. It wouldnt surprise me if they kept an illegal amount of fish.

They were definatly in the water. At one time one of their rods were nearly pulled into the water while left unattended.

Even if you don't mind breaking the law...trying to fish with two rods is probably just asking for trouble. The chance of losing an unattended rod or getting lines tangled is reason enough not to bother. If you can't catch fish with one rod having a second is not going to help you...you just need to learn how to fish.

Even if you don't mind breaking the law...trying to fish with two rods is probably just asking for trouble. The chance of losing an unattended rod or getting lines tangled is reason enough not to bother. If you can't catch fish with one rod having a second is not going to help you...you just need to learn how to fish.

I fish with 3 rods (perfectly legal here in Alabama) and don't get tangled nor do I lose them because I put them in a rod holder. B)

... and why don't the guys fishing the great lakes have tangles and lose rods? :dunno:

I fish with 3 rods (perfectly legal here in Alabama) and don't get tangled nor do I lose them because I put them in a rod holder. B)

... and why don't the guys fishing the great lakes have tangles and lose rods? :dunno:

It is primarily a trolling set up using either planer boards and flat liners or downriggers. Still can get messy but usually the fish on comes to the surface straight back.

I experienced a similar situation a few years ago. The two fisherman I witnessed were clearly using four rods. One rod each was set up with floats(in the water) and one each for casting. These fisherman harvested fish under the slot and also kept more than the allowable two fish(each) limit, under our current regulations. Turned out they were native.

I tried not to pay attention cause the fish were on. But it was one of the calmest days we've had so their voices traveled very easially. I figured I didnt need to help them get caught since all we heard all night from their boat was the clinging and claning of beer bottles. There was prob 5-6 boat in the area, and these guys didnt even seem to try and hide it.

They will get whats coming! Although maybe I should have noted a description of the boat. It wouldnt surprise me if they kept an illegal amount of fish.

I've had cops called on me for much less (swimming + splashing in a pool = to loud) so next time call the cops or MNR. Beer or other drinks in a boat don't mix hence the drunk driving laws. Hey, if we have to play by the rules so does everyone else...

SHHH!!!... did you hear that???... it sounded like a box of Twinkies opening!!! :P

Of course he heard it. He opened them.

Regarding fishing with 2 rods. I don't do it because the law tells me not to but I don't really see why you should not be allowed to do so. Keep the limits the same but allow two rods per person. If you can manage them good for you.

I've had cops called on me for much less (swimming + splashing in a pool = to loud) so next time call the cops or MNR. Beer or other drinks in a boat don't mix hence the drunk driving laws. Hey, if we have to play by the rules so does everyone else...

You don't have to play by the rules. You can take your chances just like them guys. :D

you assumed correctly.

with the exception of the great lakes (with the exception of georgian bay)

Dont forget Michipicoten Bay! Arrrrrrrr

They could have been Native as well and in there treaty area? Do they have to use one rod or are they allowed two or more?

Wheres the guy to say they were Asian too?

That would be a no no!!!

You can bash white anglo Americans and Canadians until the cows come home!.. but bashing anyone of ethnicityisn't politically correct! :rolleyes:

Whitespinnerbait Posted Yesterday, 09:07 PM

... just thought I'd throw that out there before someone else did.

They were from Quebec ...

Oh man! I almost forgot aboot them!!!... they are the worsetest kind! :angry:

Do all Quebecois poach?... or are all Quebecois poachers??? ;)