Today" 6lb Smallie and some nice Perch on Simcoe!

Slayingm

I had a couple of clients out today on Simcoe to try and get into some nice smallies and the one also brought his 9 yr old son out for the day...(I love getting kids out!)

Although the fishing was slow we boated 8 smallmouth today all between 2 and 6 lbs. The fish were taken on a variety of baits including tube jigs (black and dark pumpkin with gold and purple fleck) and also some on finesse worms on dropshot rigs and others on hard jerkbaits. This monster smallie is one of the ugliest ones I have seen in Simcoe... it had a huge growth on the under side of its gills that had healed over but left a large depression..... as seen in the pic...it grabbed this large 4.5" tube jig off a large rock flat and took off with 3 spectacular jumps!...

100_0462-25.jpg

We came across a sand/weed area where there was 100's of perch so we stayed and them for a while and actually caught none stop while boxing approx. 25 nice fish in the livewell. The fish were really agressive as seen in this pictures where John caught 2 fish on one cast on a 6" jerkbait!

100_0464-25.jpg

The little guy had a blast here catching perch like crazy on a dropshot rig... here is one nice long perch that he caught with lots of excitement!...

100_046525.jpg

All in all it was a great day on the water... the wind calmed down and the sun was out and the fish bit..... got to love Lake Simcoe!

Take care and Good Fish'n.... Greg.

The perch are gorgeous, the smallie, not so much.

Great report!

Jim

Ya Jim, I have been fishing Simcoe for over 25yrs and have caught dozens of smallies with warts or other growths along with ripped fins etc but this one takes the cake!.... so to speak ;)

A healthy fish that is eating well and strong all the same.

Take care and Good Fish'n.... Greg.

Photo chopped,I dont reconize any of those spots.LOL

Thanks for sharing Greg.

Well.... that's only because its out of your backyard zone in Barrie. All these fish were taken fishing the N.E. section of the lake between Thorah and Strawberry Island. ;)