Say you won a contest to fish with 3 TV Fishermen...

Kinger

Here is what I want to know. Say you won a contest where you got to fish with 3 TV fishing personalities of your choice and fish anywhere in North America.

Who would you go with? I know everyone is gonna want Cronzy so as shore lunch is taken care of. Where would you go? What Species would you target?

I'll go first.

Hosts

1. Pete Bowman 2. Bob Izumi 3. Fish Fishburne

Lake of the Woods

Target:

Northern Pike, Walleye and Smallmouth Bass

:Gonefishing:

Edited by Kinger

Oh here we go! ;)

Hosts:

Dave Mercer, Pete Maina and MARIKO IZUMI!

Some place close to the GTA (2 to 3 hours from Whitby?)

Target:

Ummm, Mariko (J/K my wife would kill me) LM/SM bass, pike and musky.

Host (no particular order):

1) Mercer

2) Bob Izumi

3) Bill Dance

Locations:

1) Simcoe or Erie

2) Simcoe or Erie

3) Private Pond, Southern US (I think he only ever fished on private ponds with HUGE Bass)

Target:

1) HUGE SM Bass

2) HUGE SM Bass

3) HUGE LM Bass

Interesting question. The prob I have with your question is TV stars. Why TV stars?

As for ,the fish with who?

Les Zackney would be my first choice. Not a TV star,but a great fisherman and great to hang out with.

2nd David Chong. Another great.

3rd sry I made him this pick but Mark Kulik.

Now for the where.

Simcoe with mark

Couch with Les

Erie with Chong.

As for what

Buckets/smallies with Les

Smallies with Mark(drop shot)

Smallies with David(drop shot aswell)

You dont have to be a show star to know how to fish.

Hell I learned from Terry how to flip and pitch for buckets and he,s no TV star.

With that said,would love to spend a day out on Simcoe with Greg Klatt.Another thats not a TV star,but can catch fish like the ones mention.

Good thread.

Joe Mercurio - Boca Grand Tarpon

JP DeRose - Erie Bass

Pete Bowman - Fraser River Sturgeon

A lot of other likeable hosts out there...

Scott Martin, Kelly Jordan, Dave Mercer, Charlie Wray, Jim Saric etc.

For every one I'd like to fish with, there must be ten others I wouldn't want to be trapped in a boat with!!!

I appreciate those comments misfish and i couldn't agree more that you don't have to be a tv star to be able to fish. One of the best fisherman I know is just a regular old OFNer and I know he could outfish Izumi on any given day.

I just went with that because 1. we all know them from watching the various shows on television over the years and 2. in order to be a tv host you must have obvious passion for the sport of fishing, in watching these hosts fish and talk about fishing and the way they treat and handle the fish with various degrees of respect, you feel like you get to know them.

So I think we all have hosts we love and hate...there are some tv personalities that are just unwatchable.

I was just curious to read some names and locations and hear some dream trips from the OFNers.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I cheated and included outdoors writers because most TV personalities don't do it for me.

Hosts

1. Gord Ellis 2. James Smedley 3. Dave Mercer

La Reserve Beauchene area

Target:

Brookies 'n' Bass

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Ya know, no offence to the pro fishin' guys who hang out here, but I really don't care if I get out fishing with them. Fact is, I'd probably be a tad intimidated and just screw up whatever I was trying to do. I've played golf with pros before and it's a humiliating experience. My son is the only pro I can play comfortably with. I don't expect any more or less from him than "Dad, you really suck at this." so we get along fine. I know that whatever he knows I paid for so I'm not intimidated. Besides, he still has to ask for loans now and then.

I'd rather just get out with fisherpeople who really really know what they're doing and are willing to share. If they have a cool bassboat so much the better.

Celebs are too often too wired into their celeb-ness to loosen up with anyone but their friends, and the last thing I want to do is spend time with someone who makes me feel like they're being inconvenienced by spending time with me. They suit me fine on the tv screen. Up close and personal I'd rather spend time with real people who really know what I wish I knew.

YMMV

JF

Bob Izumi is a spec guy so he would be it, along with Mariko of course.

I want to fish them Quebec lakes I hear about, and Lake Nipigon, and a few of Bobs hot little spec lakes near Elliott lake

My son and daughter have to be there too.

I've already fished most of the places Daryll fishes, and had many shore lunches at them

Edited by Dara

Ya know, no offence to the pro fishin' guys who hang out here, but I really don't care if I get out fishing with them. Fact is, I'd probably be a tad intimidated and just screw up whatever I was trying to do. I've played golf with pros before and it's a humiliating experience. My son is the only pro I can play comfortably with. I don't expect any more or less from him than "Dad, you really suck at this." so we get along fine. I know that whatever he knows I paid for so I'm not intimidated. Besides, he still has to ask for loans now and then.

I'd rather just get out with fisherpeople who really really know what they're doing and are willing to share. If they have a cool bassboat so much the better.

Celebs are too often too wired into their celeb-ness to loosen up with anyone but their friends, and the last thing I want to do is spend time with someone who makes me feel like they're being inconvenienced by spending time with me. They suit me fine on the tv screen. Up close and personal I'd rather spend time with real people who really know what I wish I knew.

YMMV

JF

Kinda what I was trying to say John.

Very well said.

YMMV

JF

That's why I chose the 3 i did. I've met each one and they are normal dudes that REALLY know what they are doing

Edited by Dan Bouck

I've only met a few of them, but of those I'd have to say Pete Maina was the one who seemed least affected by his celebrity. He was pretty down to earth. I'm sure that most of them could be great guys once they forgot they were tv celebs and got down off the pedestal. It's not their fault. We put 'em up there, so up there they expect to be.

JF

O.k., I have to pipe up for this one, I'D have to definately say Charlie Wray from fishful thinking, his show is one of the most informative out there, Al Lindner is a real great guy and Italo L is always informative and is a real gentleman to boot.

Locations: Lake Simcoe,Niagara River,Lake O

Edited by fyrguyry

I cheated and included outdoors writers because most TV personalities don't do it for me.

Hosts

1. Gord Ellis 2. James Smedley 3. Dave Mercer

La Reserve Beauchene area

:whistling: :whistling:

Target:

Brookies 'n' Bass

I've fished within casting distance of Gord more then once. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing... :whistling:

Actually, I exchange a few e mails with Gord each year. We share the same passion. I would also like to share a boat with him some day. Gord is as good as they come, and a great ambassador for Ontario fishing. Besides Gord, Mark Krupa, and of course Dave Mercer are high on my list. If you haven't seen Marks shows on Oasis channel in high def, you haven't seen a fishing show.