Whats your best bass bait?

Lunatic

Im going to the tackle shop tomorrow,to possibly pick up another frog. and possible 1 or 2 other baits.

im thinking maybe a spook or a hula popper or maybe a new pack of firetail worms?

what are some of your all around favourite bass lures and colours?

looking for some new ideas.

they didnt have the colour frog i wanted last on sunday,so i bought one they highly recomended and got skunked. which happens.

so.......lets hear it, what to get!?

here's an old one that still works very well for bouncing off structure and won't break the bank,

I have excellent success with the Blakemore Roadrunner for smallies, get the black maribou/chenille

one and also the white plastic curly tail to start, 1/8 and 1/4 oz.

Edit: Along the same line Mann's Little George sweetened with a piece of nightcrawler , killer drifting Erie

reefs for smallies

Edited by dave524

My buddy Rob has been fishing smb's for over 50 years, and though he's kinda stuck in a time warp, he catches the durned things, and he uses dime store rods and reels to boot. I talked him into buying a nice spinning setup and he ended up giving it to me for a $24.95 Gander Mtn rig I had and didn't use. He loves it. I'm happy with the trade. :D

His favourite lure is the original grey Rapala minnow twitched and rested on the surface and he catches lotsa bass with it, and pike, at least the ones that don't bite him off. He sacrifices half a dozen of those lures to the fishing gods every season becuz he hates leaders and just doesn't get what fluoro's about. If he isn't using those he uses live worms. We fish shallow creeks.

JF

They don't sell them anymore...... :mellow:

I,ll bet ,you got a few that you will sell for a price Andy. :P

As to your ? Pumkin seed green with gold flake. What ever bait you buy,make sure you get this combo.

Terry will say blue/black worm and yes,he would be right.

Edited by misfish

Guest gbfisher
I,ll bet ,you got a few that you will sell for a price Andy. :P

Are you kidding........ Give up the best Bass bait known to mankind... :o

None for sale. :)

Jitterbug in leopard green color is one of my fav.... black hula popper and white or chartreuse BigO mediun size. But the one bait that I truly enjoy tossing at them is this

DSC02189.jpg

rigged wacky style.... just doesn't get any better than that!!!

Leechman

I'm with Leechman. They are still biting tubes (anything crayfish coloured) and Senko type YUM Dingers (watermelon with a chartreuse tip work for me).

I glad of it cause I invested heavily in them last year, and it is the easiest fishing since Solopadler caught walleye up north on the key to his hotel room.

Jim

The Rebel Craw in a variety of colors.....

I hadn't fished these in a few years, just a forgotten bait. Picked one up in a tackle box from ebay and it was awesome. Been two seasons now and I just can't keep the bass off of them.

Great bait, nest robber is the best color for me in the Kawartha's but my buddy uses a deep diver in a different color and catches lots of fish up around Buckhorn.

It's proven to work all over, I used to use them all the time in the Greenbrier and New Rivers in West Virginia - they are a real go to bait for me.

Edited by Wask

its awesome to see the variety of different go to baits we use.

im really liking a lot of these.

anyone ever seen or use the zara spook jr.? has a dressed tail.

the rebel craw looks pretty cool as well, i dont think ive ever seen those used before.