My Son Has His Surgery Tomorrow

nancur373

Well the surgery got cancelled at 4:00pm. The kid in the first surgery had complications I think and was still in the OR when we left the hospital. I pray for their family. Looks like he will be rescheduled to go sometime in the next 2 weeks. I'll keep you updated.

Curt

Sick Kids is a great hosiptal and the staff is very experienced. Made me a little choked up cuz my little boy is named Jacob and I can't image how much of an emotional rollercoaster this must be. Kids are tough and they bounce back really quickly. Your little boy is definately in my prayers. Be strong for him and he'll be strong for you. Keep us updated on how the little boy is doing.

• 3 weeks later...

He came out of surgery at about 7pm last night. We were allowed in at 8. He is doing great. Breathing and eating on his own. He is doing so well that if they had a room available on the 4th floor he'd be going into his own room. So we just have to wait in critical care ward until one opens. He got pretty fiesty when he woke up this morning (redhead) so they upped the morphine a little to calm him down...lol. The wife is doing well. We've been able to hold him today. I'll keep you updated as we go along. No wireless in the ward but they have a pc station for parents on the main floor. I'll keep in touch.

Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Curt

Ya gotta love a happy ending, especially when it's about one of our kids. I'm not an overly religious person but it's nice to think that all those prayers helped, even a little bit. I'm happy for you and the young guy.

JF