Nipissing White Bass

Jonny

Are you seriously? White bass in Port Credit? Never heard there has white bass within 5 years. 10 years ago, maybe.

Seriously. I hadn't seen one in a long time either, then just like that they seem to have returned. I know their populations are cyclic, but Lake O seems to be completely boom or bust.

Remember how many there used to be at the Pickering nuke plant? Then they just disappeared.

Seriously. I hadn't seen one in a long time either, then just like that they seem to have returned. I know their populations are cyclic, but Lake O seems to be completely boom or bust.

Remember how many there used to be at the Pickering nuke plant? Then they just disappeared.

Yeah, nobody knows what happend to those white bass. Still glad to hear that they come back finally.

As a kid fishing Springbank Park in London, tossing a minnow, no weight into the bottom of the falls at the dam could net you these fish all day long.

Caught a few on Quinte in the spring and decided to keep one to try a fish fry... well that won't be happening again!

HH

You fish under the fall? Or beside the stock?

I gonna go back next weekend. Hope they are still there.

I fish off a boat, all over, I just look for a relatively quiet pool, where the current cycles around and anchor and jig em' up, they also hit cranks, spinners, spoons, pretty much anything as long as you find a school, filled up a big cooler full of them last weekend, big ones too.

I fish off a boat, all over, I just look for a relatively quiet pool, where the current cycles around and anchor and jig em' up, they also hit cranks, spinners, spoons, pretty much anything as long as you find a school, filled up a big cooler full of them last weekend, big ones too.

So their editable?

I saw two person on a boat last weekend. Was that you there?

I also found huge walleye in that river, more than 30 inches length.

I see in this weeks Sobey's Flyer , wild Lake Erie White Bass @ $5.99 a pound. We would get them occasionally Walleye fishing there , suspended offshore with the eyes, pretty good size too at times, never kept one to try on the table.

Like Craig Ritchie says back in the day fishing the warm water outflow at the Pickering nuke plant by boat we would catch a 100 a day !!! Some days you would have to leave as you could not catch anything else !!!! They were in that thick !!! Also Oshawa harbor and port D they would keep you busy for hours !!! They were fun to catch

We three people saw those giant species, wont be wrong. Huge walleye.

the walleye population in the river isn't great and they're not big, people could be wrong but who knows, a walleye over 30 inches is huge and seeing more than 1 is very rare for the river, I did see suckers which could supposedly be mistaken for walleye, if you were on shore, you probably couldn't see them too well, they were splashing around right under the boat last weekend, lots of carp too.