Dream Walleye Boat

DonC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple years ago I posted my brother's Lund 18 foot SSV conversion to a dream walleye boat.

He has updated the boat and information on what was done. For those interested in the progress of the Dream Walleye Boat, feel free to visit: http://correllconcepts.com/boat_conversion.htm

DonC

My thoughts also - $20,000 can buy a lot of boat with lots of things in it. Obviously though, this was much more than just a boat - it looks like he put a lot of thought and effort into it - I'm sure he's proud of it. It looks like he's done a great job.

re: livewells - I've often wondered whether that space could be put to better use. Suppose I could just throw ice in it and keep my fish for the table that way.

Edited by Rob V

that is a piece of art!

and i love the fish counter idea... that's brilliant! i just got back from the quinte area and me and my buddy lost count of how many fish we caught... somewhere around the 150 mark we figured... but we don't know for sure... too many to count that's for sure! i'll be grabbing a couple counters for the next time i go out.

He did a nice job, 20 G's though is a lot for a project, for me anyway, but it did turn out well. :thumbsup_anim:

Sometimes the money is secondary. It's all about the accomplishment. Any of you who have built hot rods back in the day remember spending way too much on certain components just 'cuz the car wouldn't have been the same without it.

I think it's a helluva project and I think the guy who did it is entitled to be pretty durned proud of it. It's easy to go out and buy the best, but has any boat manufacturer done anything quite like this, that suits this builder's purposes to a tee? That's very nifty personalized setup he's put together.

JF

Actually I was inspired the first time you posted it .I did get some ideas from it 2yrs ago like where to store my rods when running the boat.

I did intall those rather cheap horizontal rod holders .I really must say I appreciate what your brother did to improve the SSV I would not have the time and skill to do all that.

After thinking it over though I decided I could get more boat with an upgrade to a Lund 1660 classic.

I will never forget my SSV 18 footer it was built solid as a rock.

To me the money was better spent on a new boat with air ride suspention pedastels ,IPS Hull ,a 44 inch livewell ,locakable rod storage,more storage ,sport trak mounting system ,no need to drill holes in the boat .position your rod holders anywhere you want,snap on cover higher sides and much much more

BoatinQuinte100_0031.jpg

IMG_0478JPGSSV18.jpg

2007NewYearsMikesPIcs2007145JPGBoat.jpg

12103IMG_0395_1_1.JPG

12103IMG_0498_JPG_Flat_Floor.jpg

Out with the old in with the new.

IMG_1063_1.jpg

IMG_1064_1.jpg

IMG_1093_1.jpg

100_0117_1.jpg

WizzingbyinmyClassic1660.jpg

GetAttachmentRyanandDad2.jpg

GetAttachmentRyanandMikeMassawippi.jpg

First off, great read and nice work done there.

Now ,I am worried about the wieght you have added to the boat due to the customizing.Meaning, the boat is rated for ,number of people and the wieght allowed with them.By doing what you have,Im sure the number of bodies and wieght has to have changed,yet you have in this photo,,,,,,,,,,,,

F40_four_elevated_seats.JPG

4 seats.above the center of ballance, that the boat was made for.

This is just something I see as a concern.

he did a nice job on the boat it looks like he designed some great fishability into it hats off, but i do mirror brians concern for the height of the seats (though it may be more illusion then anything with the picture)

my dream walleye boat is a ranger 620 just cause i love glass and shiny things