PB's ALL AROUND!!! *PICS and VIDEO*

Rarely am I at a loss for words, today however, is inexplainable. Just one of those days every angler dreams about!

Pike season opened today in one of my favourite regions. I am a bass angler at heart, but I like to consider myself a multi-species angler, and lets face it, I dont have much choice at this time of the year.

I was excited to get out today and that indecisive lady we call mother nature wanted to throw me a curveball. With 35-40K winds, and 25-30mm of rain in the forecast, I decided to cancel my trip with my dad and my girlfriend. At 10:00am this morning, I checked the hourly forecast and it was supposed to clear up a bit as the front came through. I figured what the hell, lets do it. We packed up and headed out. On the water at 12:45pm. It was drizzling and pretty windy, but not too bad overall.

It didnt take too long, after about 15 minutes of fishing I noticed a pollen bloom i nthe water and fired my jerkbait through it. Twitch, twitch, pause. Woosh! The unmistakable feeling of a pike plastering a jerkbait, I put a solid, but beat up looking 33.5 incher in the boat.

n502843091_2667228_1742161.jpg

After another half hour and a few OOS smalljaws, we made a move. We pulled into a shallow bay and dad cast to a log and got hammered. I watched closely as a pike in the mid-30 inch range made her run for deep water and pulled off. Too bad, poop happens.

We made another move to a deeper shoreline and Dad swings the rod back and it buckles under the pressure of another solid fish. After a few quick runs, I got the net under a nice 36.5 incher, a new PB for dad!

n502843091_2667238_794962.jpg

I got dads jerkbait untangled and made a cast on my own rod. I got 2 twitches into my retrieve and dad swings back again! Another solid fish at 35 inches! Big head on this one!

n502843091_2667239_3505003.jpg

No more fish for a while so we make another move. Kelli is still fishless and I'm starting to get anxious, wanting her to get bit. I tie her up a soft jerkbait and go back to fishing my jerkbait. Not 5 minutes later, I heard a toilet flushing behind me.... wait, not a toilet, a HUGE pike had smashed KElli's jerkbait from the surface! A long fight ensued and KElli was soon holding her new PB pike!

n502843091_2667241_4262770.jpg

A BEAUTIFUL 41 incher!!

It took a bit of reviving time, but she was soon on her way!

n502843091_2667233_6320507.jpg

Now I'm starting to feel left out haha, but thats okay, because within five minutes, my rod was nearly ripped out of my hands with a line screamer, a solid 39 incher inhaled my jerkbait!

n502843091_2667234_6907431.jpg

We made another move across the lake, but the high winds and cold front moving through made for very uncomfortable and un productive fishing, back to the 41 incher spot.

I was watching a school of smallies fighting over a big jerkbait when that d@mn toilet flushed again. Oh wait, no, Kelli is tangling with another GIANT! After 4 long runs, I finally put the basket under her new PB, a 43 inch northern!!!

n502843091_2667236_5902991.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm glad we salvaged the day.

Tight Lines!

Steve Rowbotham

Sir Catch-A-Lot Pro Guiding