Long overdue post... MY 1st STEELIE! :O

rbaquial

Well, a couple weeks ago now... I went to hit the local Tribs with 2 buddies off the board; L2P and FLOATMAN MIKE. I was excited.... it was a couple days after opener....So, my blood was pumping! "Maybe this is it! Maybe I'll actually catch/land one!"...... We hit a couple pools... nothing! I was quickly getting discouraged and thinking... "This isn't for me!"... LOL.... anyway, about two hours later... we meetup with FLOATMAN MIKE up stream..... it was the "Magic" pool.... hahaha.... I hook into one... fought it for probably a good 30sec before my knot @ the hook failed! Grrrrrrrrrr!!! SO UPSETTING!! Then I finally hook and land into one....Wow, the fight on these Float Rods are FUN! You can feel EVERY LITTLE THING they do! Even if the fish farted in the river... my rod twitched! :P

anyway, I'll stop rambling... here are the pics! :D Enjoy.... I sure did! *Can't wait till my waders come in! I'm becoming more and more addicted to this style of fishing!*

IPhonePics262.jpg

IPhonePics265.jpg

IPhonePics259.jpg

Also forgot to mention - caught on my new setup! :D

MatrixbyRavenReelShimanoConvergence.jpg

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

Almost EVERY floater loses his first ...which in-turn makes you aprreciate the landings that much more....it becomes a personal statistic to regulate your progress as a fisherman.....the key to success is always be consious of your presentation ....

Congrates on the first landing ...

even if my spelling doesnt present itself quite well

Edited by Twocoda

congrats man! :clapping:

i also landed my first one earlier this spring, after about a dozen outings in the fall with only one on which broke my line as well <_<

unfortunately i was solo and couldn't get any good pics (not that i will be forgetting it anytime soon). i did however get a couple more my second time out and got some pics :thumbsup_anim:

yours are awesome, keep up the good work!

Nice job man!!! I guess I got lucky and landed my first on a pin in the mighty Geen.

I have however lost lots of fish since then, lol

Better start saving your $$$ now, this gets very addicting.

haha that definatly an odd day to be out, we all hooked into fish but only landed 1 each...

after you left me and mike checked another river out and hooked into couple more fish each

but i couldnt land any and mike beaches a huge unspawned female. heres a couple more pics from that day ahah

my 1 fish lol

Picture347.jpg

mikes huge unspawned female(anyone know why this one has reddish fins? you cant tell from the pic but the color of this fish was certainly different also)

IPhonePics260.jpg

Edited by l2p

Better start saving your $$$ now, this gets very addicting.

Never heard anything more true than that... I've already spent $550... and that's just on the REEL, ROD & VEST :wallbash:

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'