Crappie outing

misfish

What a beauty of a day,fresh snow,turkeys in the trees and the sun was a shine,n.

Terry and I pack the bike up and head out.

2007002.jpg

Off we ride into the sunrise,with his rose coloured glasses.Lots of snow up there Saturday folks,and I'm sure there is plenty more after yesterdays 2+ feet of dumping of snow.

Anyhoo, back to the day of fishing. Alls well til we get to the spot, :o :o ,oh no were going through, :o :o

Turnes out just to be lots of water on the ice under all the presure from the snow.

We get a jigg,n and terry with his wonder machine 67X, says theres a fish,reels up and wham,fish on. Nice slab to start the day.

2007005.jpg

An hour or so goes by,we drill more holes,no action to be had. Terry,s playing with something on the bike and :o :o I get a hookset on a fine little slab myself.

2007007.jpg

About 15 minutes later,I get this sudden stop while I'm jigg,n,set the hook and the battle was on what we thought was the king of all king crappies.

Well it wasn't,but it was a nice 3+ pound bucket. :w00t::Gonefishing: Quick release at the hole,and off she went.

With the light breeze becoming wind gusts,we set up the clam and finish our day in it.Marked alot of fish,but they just were not active.They were not suspended,they were hugging the bottom.

The last crappie for the day goes to Terry.

2007008.jpg

Cant wait to do it again.

she was cold and windy out there but I had a great time

the water was way to dark for the underwater camera..too bad.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

but as always something breaks or goes wrong with my equipment

had to McGiver something to replace the bolt

111.jpg

and even though there hasn't been an above zero day in 3 weeks we still found some slushy wet areas on the lake

at first I thought we were going through...not happy thoughts when that is happening

222.jpg