Playin with some dropback bows

kemper

Headed out today for some droppies on the lower end of an east trib. Got a couple yesterday so I figured I would give it another shot.

Went 3/4 and my buddy was 0/1, all fish on roe.

First fish was an absolute HOG, I can only imagine what a fish this size would look like pre spawn...probably would push the 16-17 pound mark full of eggs. She kicked my ars up and down but I managed to beach her 40 M down from where the battle started.

Here she is

DSC01615.jpg

and back she goes

DSC01618.jpg

Next up was another feisty dropback hen, also smashed a roe bag right in the wood and I had a hell of a time keepin her out of the wood the entire battle. In the end I had to just lock it down and hope the lead held...

DSC01619.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

and a little male was the last fish interested.

DSC01623.jpg

Good couple hours, now bring on opener!

Edited by kemper

I knew I missed all the good fun as you and your buddy were pulling out just when I got there. Yes, that was me letting you guys out so I could pull in the parking lot and give it a go just after one... ;)

Edited by GBW

Great report Kemper. Beauty hen. Can't think of a better way to spend a few hours. Definitely a good warm-up for the opener - Only 24hrs 8 minutes to go :D

Edited by MJL

The fish will actually look biger if you hold them at a 90 degree angle to your body...

... I know the "Girl holding an AK-47 for the first time" pose is cute, but....

Just razzin' ya a little Kemp! Glad to see ya got out and you're getting into some noice fish!!! ;)

... have you run into Cliff and bly lately?.. or are they still fawning over their boat and the prospects of open water??? :P

The fish will actually look biger if you hold them at a 90 degree angle to your body...

... I know the "Girl holding an AK-47 for the first time" pose is cute, but....

Just razzin' ya a little Kemp! Glad to see ya got out and you're getting into some noice fish!!! ;)

... have you run into Cliff and bly lately?.. or are they still fawning over their boat and the prospects of open water??? :P

I havent seen them on the water in a while, Cliff was by the house the other day buyin some new ammo for the steelhead arsenal though...

Nice chrome. Oh Ya in the office at 7:00am out by 3:00pm all rods and reels ready to go bring it ON.

Kemp, the 4 picture, is that a fresh lamprey scar or is that a spaning scar?

Thight Lines- - FLEX

It was a lamprey scar that never really sealed up, there was two on that fish, and one on both the others as well

Thanks guys, it was a great day

Great job man, very nice looking fish, too bad you bud didn't get his fish :(

Did I forget to mention that it was his first bow on the pin?

I remember when I hooked my first fish on the pin...a 4 lb brown that made me look SILLY. Gotta love the pinner