Laid a beat down on the pannies...

Hey guys,

Well my wife is about 2 minutes away from going into full blown labor and giving birth to our baby boy, so I figured that the best thing to do today was to take my daughter Averie out to the local reservoir and pound on some panfish lol

We had to walk in to get to the good spots because I don't have a boat small enough to haul down the rocks on my own.

IMG_4458.jpg

First cast we got a thick 8.5 inch gill and I knew from that moment it was going to be a gong show. I didn't even take any pictures down at the water because it was just to fun laying a beat down on them! lol

Here's a video of averie with a smaller one...

th_MovieClipping1.jpg

We fished for an hour or so and landed fish after fish until we figured we better go check on mommy... Back at home mommy took a shot of us with 2 of the bigger fish.

Sure an 11 inch crappie isn't much to brag about, but take a look at that 11 inch bluegill!

IMG_2323.jpg

Anyways - we took a dozen home for tonight's dinner. Grandpa and Uncle Derek stopped by on their way back to Toronto to visit and we all enjoyed a fresh fish fry.

IMG_4478_2.jpg

Averie always gets upset when her "out of town" family leaves after a visit and refuses to give them a hug. So we had to do the forced group hug.

IMG_4494_2.jpg

Anyways, it's prime time for hammering the panfish on my fav. reservoir, but with the cold temps coming up this week I'm sure they'll be thrown off a little. Man I wish I had a little car topper so we didn't have to fish from shore.

On a side note, we were float fishing them with 6lb fluoro, on a #10 hook tipped with RED Powerbait Honey Worms.

Good luck out there!

Cheers,

UF

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Great Job :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks dude! Did you get out on the bay this weekend? I tried saturday afternoon/evening but the 3+ footers were just a little much for me.

I see it was also your night to do the dishes Ryan !! :D

:whistling: Ginny's 9 months pregnant and I went fishing Irish...least I can do is take care of the dishes! lol Not to mention I caught and cooked the fish! Come to think of it she's one lucky girl! haha

Thanks dude! Did you get out on the bay this weekend? I tried saturday afternoon/evening but the 3+ footers were just a little much for me.

No I never made it out, I was hoping to make it out Saturday afternoon but I was helping to build a deck in Dover and it took a little longer than expected. Hopefully next weekend.

Edited by Dan Bouck

Thanks dudes! I was hoping the little guy would be born yesterday but to my wife's displeasure he's holding on for dear life! haha

The rain started this morning and they're callin' for cold temps all week. That should push the crappie and gills back down a little so I can pound them again in shallow when the temps go back up.

Cheers,

UF

Thanks guys - being a daddy rocks, but you have to get used to fishing for panfish! haha One of these days I'll have a report for you guys that involves catching fish over 13 inches! It's going to be a few more years before she can handle those big lake erie smallies....and a few more years again before her little brother will be able to take them on.....and I can't wait!

Cheers,

UF

Awesome report Urban!

Nothing better than getting kids involved in fishing.

My daughter started out ice fishing with me and then she has now graduated up in the ranks. Good thing I taught her everything she knows! (She still knows nothing) ha ha ha...

Take lots and lots of pictures over the next 20 yrs, they grow so fast!

Cheers, Ron...

You werent kidding about those bluegills Ryan... Averie looks like she had a blast....I hope everyone is happy and healthy...

Good job man,

TDunn

yeah man - they're good little fighters to.. they put their shoulders into it and giv'er - way better scrappers than the crappie

"it's a baby fishy" Jeez I love that kid :clapping:

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

so do I! ;)

That report made me smile Ryan.

She's a natural bud!

Good luck with the new arrival.....hopefully he'll make his way out soon!!!

Sinker

He's takin' his time. Waiting for trout opener is my guess? The doc said he'd be born before thursday this week so it's crunch time...

Now thats a fishing post gotta love getting the kids out fishing Nice to see you have everything in order at home for these time Ryan I do assume that you left cab money on the table for your wife.

haha no cab's where we live dude - My mother in law was at the house with her....and when we got back, mom-in-law even cleaned our fish! :lol:

Edited by The Urban Fisherman