Fact or Fiction

MCTFisher9120

little bunny wabbits are the best.

for sure! when you twitch them the ears make a huge splash and gets the musky to go gunning for them. but I still love my chipmunks whit those huge tails (let's you get a trailer hook in place).

cats kind of plow through the water and drown quickly

rats are ok but mice are too small, they are ok for bass thrown over Lilly pads

I hear that muskrats are the best, but I have not been able to catch any to use them

you must remember to use elastic bands to hold the hooks rather then hooking through the skin, they wiggle real well if skin hooked but die quickly or rip the skin and get away

cats you can hook on their collar if they have one, make sure you have a trailer treble hook for short biters

small dogs may be best of all, but it's too easy to get attached to them, long haired dogs work well

Chihuahua are the perfect size and the constant barking/yapping some people believe draws the muskie in from great distances, I have not been lucky with them myself

Terry,just a piece of advice on canine use,you will get more wiggle out of a Dodson!

only thing is you have to use 3 trebles because of the profile of the bait

You will see a definite increase in size of fish also

cats kind of plow through the water and drown quickly

rats are ok but mice are too small, they are ok for bass thrown over Lilly pads

I hear that muskrats are the best, but I have not been able to catch any to use them

you must remember to use elastic bands to hold the hooks rather then hooking through the skin, they wiggle real well if skin hooked but die quickly or rip the skin and get away

cats you can hook on their collar if they have one, make sure you have a trailer treble hook for short biters

small dogs may be best of all, but it's too easy to get attached to them, long haired dogs work well

Chihuahua are the perfect size and the constant barking/yapping some people believe draws the muskie in from great distances, I have not been lucky with them myself

Yes cats do plow thru the water but if you use kittens and inject them with air like with worms they retreive better when casting them.

Guest steel'n'esox

Crackheads would work also, they do uncontrollable jerking on there own, so you wouldnt have to work them as hard, might be too much movement in cold water though

Last summer they were hitting on orange, and I did however go through a few litters of black ones on St.Clair... bad luck my ass.

I personally only use dipsy divers when Im trolling kittens. I just cant stand to see them struggle at the surface its inhumane. Only problem is you have to switch bait every few minutes. But needless to say the girls at the local humane society love me because I adopt all the poor homeless kitties.:angel:

Last summer they were hitting on orange, and I did however go through a few litters of black ones on St.Clair... bad luck my ass.

I personally only use dipsy divers when Im trolling kittens. I just cant stand to see them struggle at the surface its inhumane. Only problem is you have to switch bait every few minutes. But needless to say the girls at the local humane society love me because I adopt all the poor homeless kitties.:angel:

Well, what a relief to finally find someone here with the milk of human kindness in their hearts. These other hardhearted animals just drag the little furry critters along the surface, the poor hairy little guys gasping and fighting for a breath, no remorse, no compunctions at all. You are my kinda man .. keep the suffering out of sight. :whistling::whistling:

JF

well I get mine from the humane society's last minute club, the ones that if not adopted out by 9 they put down, so they give them to me just to save the cost of the needle to put them to sleep, it's a shame that they spade or neuter them first

but hey, they were going to die anyway

Oh and I forgot to add:

DONT DUMP YOUR BAIT BUCKETS IN THE WATER!

It sickens me to see people just dump their bait at the waters edge, do the right thing. Throw your unused bait in the dumpster and help keep invasive species out of our waters!

well I get mine from the humane society's last minute club, the ones that if not adopted out by 9 they put down, so they give them to me just to save the cost of the needle to put them to sleep, it's a shame that they spade or neuter them first

but hey, they were going to die anyway

Don't the neutered ones kick as hard under water? .... not that I blame them.....

JF

Don't the neutered ones kick as hard under water? .... not that I blame them.....

JF

Absolutly not. The unnudered males that are in heat growl WAY more and I think the fish are attracted to that. Trick is though you have to show him a female right before you cast him out.

Absolutly not. The unnudered males that are in heat growl WAY more and I think the fish are attracted to that. Trick is though you have to show him a female right before you cast him out.

Contrary to what Dave Mercer says, that's why we buy big minnow buckets. You need some kitten hotties to turn on the bait.

JF

Boathouse mice were always great pike bait back in the day. One heck of a surface strike when you let them swim.

OK, now this I gotta try

Two words...Hammy Harness! :lol:

harness.jpg

Oh yeah...kinda like a worm harness...only different

So you can just pull in there with the boat behind you, Muskie rods poking up with biga$$ed trebles hanging off em and say...ya, gimme a dozen of the mixed colours, or, since its cloudy today ya think black may work better?

...ya, gimme a dozen of the mixed colours, or, since its cloudy today ya think black may work better?

So if ya decide to try the black ones ... remember not to let them cross yer path. That's worse than a banana in the boat.

JF

ya, gimme a dozen of the mixed colours, or, since its cloudy today ya think black may work better?

LOL a dozen! HAHAHA How many fish do you expect to catch with a dozen kittys? Try 2-3 hundred per trip then you might be out there for more than 5 minutes.

A dozen... HA.

Going back 40 years they used to sell a plastic duckling lure with a couple of spinner blades for feet and some trebles on it. Believe there was also a muskrat looking lure as well.

Edit: found a pic of the duckling

http://cgi.ebay.com/CREE-DUK-VINTAGE-BROWN...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Edited by dave524

Going back 40 years they used to sell a plastic duckling lure with a couple of spinner blades for feet and some trebles on it. Believe there was also a muskrat looking lure as well.

Yup, I might of seen the same thing. A Rodent, with metal wings to make it Gurgle.

We had a swimming muskrat bait. Don't know if it ever caught anything more than my uncle at the store :P

Edited by bigugli