Gerritt

I know I will be for sure!

Here are my predictions....

Anderson Silva Over Travis Lutter

Roger Huerta Over John Halverson

Mirko Cro Cop Over Eddie Sanchez

Quinton Jackson Over Marvin Eastman

Scott Smith Over Patrick Cote

Looks like a great Fight Card.... Silva is headlining....but I think Cro Cop will be the fight to watch!

Have fun tonight boys & Girls!

Gerritt.

Ohh Yeah!!

I agree with most except for Travis Lutter and Patrick Cote fights. Lutter is pretty good on the ground, I think he will submit Silva. Glad to see Cro Cop in the UFC, someone need to kick the begeebers out of Tim Silvia. (hopefully Randy Cotoure :worthy: !!).

Rob C

Actually Sirfish,

It's a much safer sport than people think/ are aware of. Professional boxing is far more dangerous and has had numerous deaths and often brain related injuries. People die in Nascar, but I've never heard a negative comment towards that.

There have been no deaths resulting from a profesional MMA fight.

I think some just see it as a barbaric sport and don't see the technical side and the devotion to the training that these guys have given. It's one of the safest fastest growning sports out there.

Heck I wish I could do it!

Cheers,

People fights are fine. Hitting another human being is fine. Hey, there's money in it. They banned noodle fights cause there's less money in it...also, hitting someone elses' noodle is bad.
Edited by snoil

A lot of sports have the possibility of death, Canada's favorite Hockey is more dangerous if you ask me (puck to the face, skate to the face, concussions from hits), football, rugby etc.. etc... etc.... the list goes on, this is what these guys train for, sure if they were to fight an average man they could do a lot more damage but they are prepared mentally to take the pain and protect themselves as good as possible, eventually there could be a death but the same goes for everyone who drives a vehicle, does that stop you from driving ?

I'll watch it, these guys have a lot of heart, modern day Gladiators.

Edited by GbayGiant

I just finished watching the events , and I have mixed views.

It was a great card on paper , how can you not like it when you have Mirko CroCop and Quinton jackson fighting in the US , and top that off with Anderson Silva defending his belt (not) against travis lutter

The Cote fight was decent , not enough action , Cote seemed pretty explosive and certainly had good kicks and strikes , he deserves his win no doubt . I just wish it was an all about slugfest like Scott Smith brought last time .

Cro Cop's fight was just FUNNY , how Sanchez RAN AWAY from him all around the ring , that's just hilarious , and retarded at the same time , but it was obvious Cro Cop would win .

You could definately tell both CroCop and Jackson were NERVOUS , neither has fought in a cage for a WHILE , if ever , and you could tell they were being extra cautious .

I was expecting a big slam from Jackson , or a spectacular KO , but I'll settle .

The short lightweight fight isn't even worth mentioning

And the main event where The striker tapped the submission guy was just boring to watch . You could tell lutter wasn't at the top of his game . I am not taking anythin away from Silva , that dude is just awesome everywehere , but what happened to SPRAWL buddy ?!?! Especially with lutter's sloppy double leg attempts . You could tell Lutter was dehidrated and slooowww , and that cost him , and he got an embarresing loss on his record from somebody who IS a BJJ black belt but is not known for submissions .

The next card is gonna be more interesting for sure . Former champs making their way back , and Couture gonna try and prove that Sylvia sucks , good luck with that.

I watched the fights last night and thought it was entertaining but not the best card I've seen for sure! Sirfish -people have been fighting for years! the ring/octagon is where violence belongs, these guys are highly trained atheletes , and know the risks before they step in , look at the concusions and injury rate in hockey or race cars! this is not just guys throwing punches and kicks , it is very much a strategic game in there, boxing is far more dangerous, taking 500 head shots in a 12 rounder is what causes the damage, plus the refs step in quick, long live MMA ! :ph34r:

Best part of the show was Crocop coming out to the PRIDEFC theme music.

All in all a boring show unfortunately. Can't wait for PRIDE 32 The Real Deal.....then the next show....then the next show....hehehe.

Oh and yes.....LONG LIVE MMA!!!!!

Edited by CoolB

loved most of the fights, but the most entertaining was the lightweight fight between edgar and griffen that knee bar at the end was insane!!!!! i couldnt believe he didnt tap,

great ufc... the best are still to come in '07

I have to agree on a couple of things, the fights were less than spectacular but I will love to see Cro Cop tee off on Silvia's head. His opponent's facial expression was like a deer caught in the head lights except he was running scared not just standing there. Anderson Silva's take down defense was less than spectacular as well but nice choke out on Lutter. He needed to be punished a bit more for not making weight for a championship fight when he obviously had a bit of gut left over.

Secondly I definitely agree that MMA is waaayyy safer than boxing and most other sports as Mark said. The refs do a great job and keep those guys from getting out of control. They are truly gifted athletes who have sacrificed years of their lives to master so many disciplines. I did notice that there was a lot of booing from the crowd last night because of the "lack of action" in their opinion however 99% of them would be out of breath by just walking to the ring!!! They have no clue how much endurance training these guys do.

Can't wait to see the next one, maybe Franklin will bounce back!!

JP