Get yer boats out

misfish

I took mine out of hiding two days ago. Took the tarp off earlier today to check for winter damage. NONE! She's going in on Friday for a new custom tarp. Now I need to find a good place to buy 3 galvanized trailer wheels. These regular wheels keep looking rusty. Oh, also want to mount the spare on a hub as an extra.

I took a drive to Orillia this morning to get my derby tag, the Simcoe side is almost open all the way, just a bit of ice on the East side of the Narrows. The free launch is open although the dock has not been installed. The water level is a bit higher, the cement pad is completely under water. On the Couchiching side there's a bit more ice but that will probably go in the next week. Took a walk down the old rail bed, surprised that nobody was fishing there. On the way back, saw 2 boats being launched at the free launch.

I took a drive to Orillia this morning to get my derby tag, the Simcoe side is almost open all the way, just a bit of ice on the East side of the Narrows. The free launch is open although the dock has not been installed. The water level is a bit higher, the cement pad is completely under water. .

Glad to hear the launch is open.That concrete ramp is just about useless.

Seen more people get hung up when they drop thier trailer wheels off the end or worse yet one of the side!.

TB

Get the boat out? I've been on the water for the last three weeks. Didn't catch anything (till yesterday). Caught this nice 8 lbs beast using an ultra light rod and lure going after perch. Had no fight whatso ever. Felt like a bunch of weeds coming in. Water is 36 deg.

pike.jpg

p2.jpg

I have been out in my boat three times already crappie fishing. All three days were fantastic days weather wise and two were FANTASTIC fishing wise. The first day we couldn't find any active crappie but caught a LOT of perch. The last two we loaded up on the crappies. Good Friday will be enjoyed with the best eating fish out.......

yup rebuilt the livewell flappers, replaced the bilge and two livewell pumps, installed new colour bird on the front deck, replaced waterpump impeller, greased motor pivot shaft, just need to vacuum carpet and service trailer and all ready to go