Vinyl tonneau covers

Mattones

I just ordered a Vinyl tonneau covers from a local truck shop called Riva Truck Accessories Inc. Its a Truxedo Low pro with a life time warranty. When my tailgate is locked it cannot be opened. And the fabric is tough. If its slashed with a knife and they try to open it with their hands they wont be able to they will need to use the knife to cut around the bed.

They priced it out to $700 including the $36.00 install fee. I'm going to ask if i can just take it home and do it myself as the website says it only takes 10-15 minutes to install.

I'm wondering if this is a fair deal for a ''top of the line'' vinyl cover? I will be doing some looking around for prices this weekend to see if anyone near by has it cheaper. If anyone knows of any truck shops which sell Vinyl tonneau covers could you give the name and address? thanks!

http://www.truxedo.com/lopro/index.php

I know a few people on here own trucks and I was just wondering what you have for your trucks and how you like it?

Edited by Mattones

I don't know anything a these covers, but I would let them install it, that way any scratches are their problem. Not that they will, but if you do it yourself, if it does happen there is no recourse.

Well, seeing as how you have already ordered it, maybe should have asked first, then jump. Don't know what you plan on carting around, but after 6 months of having a similar item, I went back to a truck cap. Always seemed like there was something 3 inches too high to put under there and it was either raining or snowing. Good luck.

Give these guys a call if you would be willing to drive to London. I have not bought from them in a long time but if I told them what I could get it for somewhere else they would usually beat it. They have stores all over but I can only speak to the service I got from the London one.

http://www.vanandtruckworld.com/

Performance unlimited here in town has also been really good to me and they usually had better prices than Van & Truck World.

http://www.performanceunlimited.ca/pages/index.php

I purchased one a couple years ago and have nothing but good things to say about it. I paid betwen $600 and $700 for it. The velcro along the sides has held up well. It holds up well under snow and sun. It rolls up to nothing and is completely out of the way when not in use. I would certainly get another one. Hope this helps, Andy.

STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU'RE PAYING 736$$ FOR THIS THING YOU'RE GETTIN" RIPPED!!!!

I sell these things everyday ....479.99 - 509.99 every day!!! no kidding!!

truxedo no rip lifetime warranty ... velcro sides built in crossers and quick removal ...IS by far the best soft tonneau available today hands down.....

part # 5?????

usually a compact truck long box is 500.00, 479-89.99 for the short box..... and a full size 510.00..some go up to 549.99 depending on box configurations.

call me before paying ... I'll save ya 100's ... DO NOT PAY FOR THE INSTALL... It's easier than playing with lego

705 753 9992

1 866 753 9992

Randy...

Pm me if ya want

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

I just found some pictures of your truck...

Tonneau for that truck that seems to have a 5'7" box goes for 534.99$ + taxes, if my warehouse doesn't have it in stock it's an additional 15.00$ freight .

I could I get it to you ..You may ask?

The company I work for has about 90 stores in Ontario and parts can be shipped internally..

RFS

STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU'RE PAYING 736$$ FOR THIS THING YOU'RE GETTIN" RIPPED!!!!

I sell these things everyday ....479.99 - 509.99 every day!!! no kidding!!

truxedo no rip lifetime warranty ... velcro sides built in crossers and quick removal ...IS by far the best soft tonneau available today hands down.....

part # 5?????

usually a compact truck long box is 500.00, 479-89.99 for the short box..... and a full size 510.00..some go up to 549.99 depending on box configurations.

call me before paying ... I'll save ya 100's ... DO NOT PAY FOR THE INSTALL... It's easier than playing with lego

705 753 9992

1 866 753 9992

Randy...

Pm me if ya want

But wait there's more, for a limited time offer..

lol awesome deal

I paid 450.00 on sale for my Extang Trifeca cover, folds in 3 pieces lifetime warranty,I take it off to haul my ATV around takes oh 3-4 minutes to remove and put back on ,before I spent 700 On vinyl id buy a fiberglass top ,I Love having the cover and wont do without it but someone seen ya coming at those prices,http://extang.com/docs/trifecta.html I mentioned 2-3 times before to hit up a van and truck world

Edited by North East Shark

Is what I have on mine to Darrell.. and about what I paid.... just too bad when you fold it up and take it off it won't fit lengthwise in the short box!

Mine's now almost 5 years old.. still looks new. Material has shrunk a bit along the rear edge pulling it up slightly.. but still doesn't leak.

I paid 450.00 on sale for my Extang Trifeca cover, folds in 3 pieces lifetime warranty,I take it off to haul my ATV around takes oh 3-4 minutes to remove and put back on ,before I spent 700 On vinyl id buy a fiberglass top ,I Love having the cover and wont do without it but someone seen ya coming at those prices,http://extang.com/docs/trifecta.html I mentioned 2-3 times before to hit up a van and truck world

I have the same trifecta works great and looks good only downfall is a big load you have to remove it but no big deal at 2 minutes of work. also it cost me about 440 taxes in

I fought with the decission on whether to buy a tonneu cover or a cap. I decided to go with the cap, and that has proven time and time again to be the right choice. Having a cap doubles the amount of gear I can carry. Not only that but I feel they are much more secure then a cover. Looks good to.

id buy an SUV before I ever put a cap on my truck

I have to agree with you here. I really don't like the look of a pick up truck with a cap on. But I do see it's advantages sometimes. You can use it to sleep in while fishing. I can't do that with my tonneau cover. Well I could but it would be like sleeping in a coffin.......

As far as trying to same the original poster so money, I offered to have him ship a cover of his choice to my house in the US (I'm only 15 minutes from the Peace Bridge) and I could of helped him install it in 30 minutes. But I guess it's hard to trust a stranger on the internet so I can't blame him. However this same cover would of only cost him $476.10 with FREE Shipping here. But I would recommend the other tonneau cover and not the Low Pro unit because the Low Pro Unit is supported INSIDE the bed box so you will have to be careful NOT to get the aluminum rails damaged. For me that's impossible because I use my truck to haul LOTS of wood in the fall. AND he could of gotten the regular Truxedo cover for only $299.00 and FREE shipping. PLUS the regular unit sits up a bit higher giving you about 2" more in head space and I believe the snow and rain will run off much better. But to each his own. I'm sure he will enjoy either cover. They do make the best Tunneau covers.

Here are the units and prices.

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers...A0A3151152.aspx

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/60A2044A0A0.aspx

I just found some pictures of your truck...

Tonneau for that truck that seems to have a 5'7" box goes for 534.99$ + taxes, if my warehouse doesn't have it in stock it's an additional 15.00$ freight .

I could I get it to you ..You may ask?

The company I work for has about 90 stores in Ontario and parts can be shipped internally..

RFS

Where abouts in one of your stores Any of them close to Burlington? I am really liking the Low pro QT. The fabric is strong and it locks with my tail gate. that sold me right there. I havent bought it yet its just on order as they had zero in stock. My bed is a 6'4''

I have to agree with you here. I really don't like the look of a pick up truck with a cap on. But I do see it's advantages sometimes. You can use it to sleep in while fishing. I can't do that with my tonneau cover. Well I could but it would be like sleeping in a coffin.......

As far as trying to same the original poster so money, I offered to have him ship a cover of his choice to my house in the US (I'm only 15 minutes from the Peace Bridge) and I could of helped him install it in 30 minutes. But I guess it's hard to trust a stranger on the internet so I can't blame him. However this same cover would of only cost him $476.10 with FREE Shipping here. But I would recommend the other tonneau cover and not the Low Pro unit because the Low Pro Unit is supported INSIDE the bed box so you will have to be careful NOT to get the aluminum rails damaged. For me that's impossible because I use my truck to haul LOTS of wood in the fall. AND he could of gotten the regular Truxedo cover for only $299.00 and FREE shipping. PLUS the regular unit sits up a bit higher giving you about 2" more in head space and I believe the snow and rain will run off much better. But to each his own. I'm sure he will enjoy either cover. They do make the best Tunneau covers.

Here are the units and prices.

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers...A0A3151152.aspx

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/60A2044A0A0.aspx

I ment to get back to you but deleted all my Messages one day and totally forgot :P I wouldnt mind either as long as it has the same strong fabric and locks with my tail gate.

EDIT-- Can you believe someone hit my truck in a parking lot yesterday and took off leaving a nice dent in my crome bumper!!! I'm over it and forgive who ever did it. But still I will be adding a ball hitch this week to stop this from happening again. It even raised the plastic foot step on the bumper a bit as it created a bump in the crome under it aswell. I figure my truck did more damage to their car.

Edited by Mattones

EDIT-- Can you believe someone hit my truck in a parking lot yesterday and took off leaving a nice dent in my crome bumper!!! I'm over it and forgive who ever did it. But still I will be adding a ball hitch this week to stop this from happening again. It even raised the plastic foot step on the bumper a bit as it created a bump in the crome under it aswell. I figure my truck did more damage to their car.

I believe it, there are alot of idiots out there.

I believe it, there are alot of idiots out there.

I even parked a good 4-6 parking empty spaces away in every direction. Pretty much the back of the parking lot. As i didnt want it getting dinged and the truck itself takes almost a spot and a half.

Sorry to hear about the ding bumper already. I had the same thing happen to my Saturn Coupe in a bank parking lot but at least the guy came in and told me. Then later that week the neighbor across the street back into the same spot. Go figure.

My offer still stands if you want to drive here. It's up to you. I have regular Truxport (not Low Pro) cover and it also locks from the inside and if you have a locking tailgate you cannot open it. Like I said I like it better because the aluminum rails are up and out of the box so they can't get damaged and it gives you about 2" more of clearance below the cover.

Bob

Edited by Billy Bob