A couple hours on Eagle Lake

limeyangler

Hi all,

Well between all the diaper changing, crying (luckily i dont have to feed....my breasts aren't big enough apparently) and staring at our baby for hours....i headed out for a couplke of hours on Eagle lake....the snowmobile is up the creek at the moment so its an easy access point, close to home. I know i live on a lake....but Wabigoon sucks at the moment.....has done all winter.

I was hoping with the big melt we had, and warm weather , the walleye might have been stirred into action.............

GOT SET UP ABOUT 3:30 PM, GOT A PERCH RIGHT AWAY IN 20 FOW...about 10"

o1.jpg

HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 2 HOURS FOR THE NEXT BITE WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE A SMALL WALLEYE

o2.jpg

AFTER ABOUT ANOTHER HOUR....ONE MORE SMALL PERCH

o3.jpg

AN HOUR AFTER THAT A BETTER 15" SAUGER

o4.jpg

SUN STARTED TO SET....STILL ONLY 2 FISH FOR SUPPER

o5.jpg

THE BITE WAS SOOOOO SLOW AND THE FISH SOOOOOO SMALL, WAS GETTING BORED.....lol

o6.jpg

I WAS DETERMINED TO GET 4 WALLEYE FOR SUPPER....WAS STAYING TILL THE BITTER END...SUN REALLY SINKING FAST NOW

o7.jpg

AS THE SUN DIPPED BEHIND THE HORIZON THE FISH STARTED TO APPEAR ON THE SCREEN....GOT 3 MORE IN QUICK SUCCESSION, 2ND SMALL ONE WENT BACK, ENDED WITH A 15"

o9.jpg

o8.jpg

o10.jpg

BERT WAS ON DUTY AS USUAL

o11.jpg

SLOW DAY, BUT GOT MY SUPPER FOR 2 AND SOME FRESH AIR.....PURRRRRFECT!

IMG_3025.jpg

Spring Fishing in your hood is good in several places...they are..

1. Larson Bay

2. Larson Bay

3. Larson Bay

Go around looking for signs of old holes---that'll tell you where you need to be---North and South side

Bushart

great report Simon, just as a matter of interest, since I'm waiting (not so patiently) for my spring open water trip to Eagle Lake, What part of Eagle were you fishing and how deep was the ice?

Did a lot better than I did. I got the fresh air and a bucket of bait. Thank God I had fish leftovers in the fridge.

Fresh air is good too, i'm not complaining.....well....maybe whining a bit.....lol.....but i get spoiled up here too often so i lose perspective every now and then.

Spring Fishing in your hood is good in several places...they are..

1. Larson Bay

2. Larson Bay

3. Larson Bay

Go around looking for signs of old holes---that'll tell you where you need to be---North and South side

Bushart

Hey Bushart, i remember you telling me this before, was gonna give it a go this year, but my snowmachine is out of action. Might be good to go in the truck with the recent melt, hardly any snow out there now. My buddy Lew lives by Mud Bay on the the West Arm....just round the corner the other way from our place, he says that is an awesome spot before ice out. Thanks for the info...if i get a chance i'll be out there....must only be about 2 weeks before they start to move in to those spawning areas.

great report Simon, just as a matter of interest, since I'm waiting (not so patiently) for my spring open water trip to Eagle Lake, What part of Eagle were you fishing and how deep was the ice?

I was at Bear Narrows/ Osbourne Bay near the boat landing for Century Lodge Camp. The ice away from the bridge is still at least 24-30 inches, plenty of trucks out there that day. But i dont think the ice wll still be there on May 10th like last year, we have been above 0 Degrees C here for nearly a week straight it seems, during the day anyway.

Nice report...results look yummy. You know, adding a pic of your baby every now and then would be nice too. ;)

just for you twilight...........

IMG_2983.jpg

Great report and pics Simon :thumbsup_anim:

I got to say that I'm a little disappointed about not seeing any videos :w00t: Have you lost it my good old friend!! :whistling: J/K LOL

Good on ya for going out and returning with a meal for 2..... looks mighty delicious!! and soon it'll be for 3 ;)

I also loved the shot of the sun through the scoop :thumbsup_anim: awesome!!

Thanks for sharing those couple hours with us

Jacques

Great report and pics Limeyangler, before you know it he'll be out there fishing with you. Trust me my friend it goes by fast, mine is now 8 and a few on here can confirm he has put me down a few times :lol: and I admit there's no feeling better than being humbled by your kids :D

Great report and pics....*sigh* I miss the ice already...don't know if I'll get out on anymore. However, I am going to join you in the newborn department...we're 10 weeks and cooking nicely :)

ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY GREAT NEWS........WTG JB AND LJ

Great stuff Simon !!! That scoop sunset shot is mint !

And Johnny.. Jessy finally gave in to your pestering I see.. lol At least I presume you talking about Jessy.....

I kinda like the scoop shot too...its my current desktop background...my wife thinks i'm weird...but she's always thought that....lol.

Nicely done Simon, both the walleye and your new arrival.

Thanks Solo, now stop worrying about my 4 tiny walleye and go make me green with envy with another one of your 'EPIC' stell reports!

Great report and pics Simon :thumbsup_anim:

I got to say that I'm a little disappointed about not seeing any videos :w00t: Have you lost it my good old friend!! :whistling: J/K LOL

Good on ya for going out and returning with a meal for 2..... looks mighty delicious!! and soon it'll be for 3 ;)

I also loved the shot of the sun through the scoop :thumbsup_anim: awesome!!

Thanks for sharing those couple hours with us

Jacques

Looks like the scoop shot is popular...goosd job the fishing was slow....lol, i certainly hope young jack likes eating fish.....even more so...i hope he likes fishing with dad.

Your right, i'm being lazy with the videos lately...i'll improve on that the next time i go.

BTW...lovin your recent reports with your daughter, makes me smile every time i see those pics, you guys have exactly the same smile!

thank you...he is so sweet.

Nothing like the 'EDIT' function eh twilight? :whistling:

"SHE" is a heavy duty boy called Jack.

Thanks for restoring my son's dignity and gender identity Roy

Great report and pics Limeyangler, before you know it he'll be out there fishing with you. Trust me my friend it goes by fast, mine is now 8 and a few on here can confirm he has put me down a few times :lol: and I admit there's no feeling better than being humbled by your kids :D

We are loving how little he is right now...sooo darned cute.....but also looking forward to all the rest to come....someone already bought him a disney 'Cars" fishing rod....so he's set to go!

LOL...as you can tell folks i just figured out how to reply with multi quotes.....

Glad to see you got your supper Simon. Heard you got stopped by the CO on the way out. :whistling:

Lol...yup...and got inspected on the ice too, as you know i have a spare rod with me always, but never have 3 lines down, the CO that approached me on the ice says "i just saw you reel that one up",

yeah sure you did...jeeeze.....if ya wanna book me the least ya can do is not lie about it! Anyway i told him straight...."no you did not" and taht was that, until the road block on the way out, at least 4 or 5 trucks ahead of me, then the guy went through my gear, checked my fish, decent enough guy....just doing what 'we' pay them too.