Petition to ban the word Epic...

steverowbotham

... from OFC Community.

Before anyone gets upset, I want to point out that this is a joke.

I work 4pm - 12am, 5 nights a week. Often times, work is slow, and I find my way onto OFC, my favourite site on the internet. Well, one of the at least. And every time I log in, I have the word EPIC shoved in my face. Come on guys, if ever there was a word so over-used on an internet forum, it is EPIC. I am guilty of having used the word Epic, and its evil counterpart, Banner. Now, whenever I lay my eyes upon these words, my stomach turns, I need new vocabulary, come on OFC, I know you have it in you ... how about marvelous? stupendous? Okay ridiculous I know, well lets brainstorm and come up with new words to describe those, dare I say it? Epic ... days on the water! Legendary? Exceptional? Outstanding? Extraordinary? Phenominal? Come to think of it..... they dont do the same thing as Epic ....

Bring on the Epic reports.... ;)

I was gonna try "bonerifficabular."

I'll try it in a sentence...

My right ear pointed west heard the faint jingle dingle of a bell. I turned, squinted into the setting sun, when I saw the silhoutte of my rod tip pointing down the hole. I ran like a samarai cheetah and giver'd a big biceptual hookset. A monsterous pike screeled the reel on many powerful runs before coming up the hole in one most bonerifficabular moment.

I was gonna try "bonerifficabular."

I'll try it in a sentence...

My right ear pointed west heard the faint jingle dingle of a bell. I turned, squinted into the setting sun, when I saw the silhoutte of my rod tip pointing down the hole. I ran like a samarai cheetah and giver'd a big biceptual hookset. A monsterous pike screeled the reel on many powerful runs before coming up the hole in one most bonerifficabular moment.

Well done sir, I shalt useth said word in my upeth coming reports.

If the word epic was to be banned on OFC, we wouldn't be able to use great words like epicenter, epicyclic, depict, depictions, orthoepically and epicurism in our postings (should we ever find a reason to use these words) :P

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

usage of the word "epic" has gone up 33.3% since this thread was authored.

i say epic but usually only in the form of me saying "EPIC FAIL"...

for example while casting reeds for hammerhandles my counterpart gets a huge birdnest in his baitcaster. i scoff at his folly and state "EPIC FAIL"...

lol.

Try an epic manuevre on your keyboard and click the back button twice or press the end button once when you come across something you don't like in a thread!

... it's the same thing I do when someone posts on their brothers fight or a day of fishing with their "ghetto gangsta" wanna be friends... that is if I even open the thread. :rolleyes:

Edited by GCD

Try an epic manuevre on your keyboard and click the back button twice or press the end button once when you come across something you don't like in a thread!

... it's the same thing I do when someone posts on their brothers fight or a day of fishing with their "ghetto gangsta" wanna be friends... that is if I even open the thread. :rolleyes:

:lol: .......I do believe thats payback..... :P

I believe its the mouse... not the keyboard I use to click the back button.

just sayin, maybe the didnt learn that in Swallow Hog ... or hawg swaller, wherever it may be

Guest gbfisher
Steve, I'll have you know the only word that has ever been banned is..........

steeples

:o Musta taken it off the bad word list....along with jigs and whats his name and and and....Nope...it seems they or he is still banned... :lol::rolleyes: ....