In Florida right now reading the board!

Cast-Away

Well here I am in St. Petersburg IN 85 degree weather reading about ice fishing posts back home. Well I've go to tell you that I am not missing the cold right now. I was swimming in the gulf today. The water was beautiful and warm!

Spring is just around the corner.

You should be at Honeymoon Island state park when it opens up at 8am :) Fish the channel, you'll probably see my oldman!

Remember to shuffle your feet in the sand as the signs sez...I didn't and paid the price...dem stingrays hurt a whole bunch...

If you run up the coast a bit further to Tarpon Springs be sure to stop into Poppa's Restaurant...Best food in Florida...Their Greek salad is world famous...Enjoy !!!

Remember to shuffle your feet in the sand as the signs sez...I didn't and paid the price...dem stingrays hurt a whole bunch...

!

Lots of those rays in the sand there. Bear with me if I've already told this story.

My wife was walking on the beach at Ft Myers one day and came across a feller shorefishing. He was hauling something in so she waited to see what he'd caught. It was a little bitty Southern Ray. The big burly guy freaked. He said he was afraid to touch it cuz those things are poisonous. My wife, although not a fisherperson, was quite familiar with rays from our scuba diving, so she knelt down, flipped the ray on it's back, removed the hook, lifted him by the wings and set him back in the water. The guy was blown away that a mere female could do that. Most folks don't understand that they're relatively harmless except for those little spines at the base of the tail, and those things are nasty if you step on one.

JF

Water nice and warm in the gulf? Sure you weren't in a swimming pool? We were down there 3 weeks ago when those football players went missing 50 miles out and the water was about 63 degrees. Guess they've had some good weather since we were there! Enjoy it!

my father-in-law, brother-in-law and nephew were at that game last night too. it cost them less to go there then 1 person to go to game here, sad...

I might be heading down at the end of the month too...