Did you ever win a lottery ??

lew

Guest skeeter99

yeah I won $118,000 last remberance day 2007 november 11 in a group at work

here are a few tips for guys who play in a group

1. dont play in a group

2. have group play form filled out ahead of time

3. have 3 peices of photo id from each person in your group

4. if your group has more than 13 members there will be a issue with names on the cheque

5. because your group is more than 13 people there are names not on the check a BANK WILL NOT CASH IT!!!!! well they will it took 17 banks until finally a scotia decided to cash it, cause all the names were not on the cheque

6. bring food water etc. to the lottery office you are going to be there all day

7. know where you bought your ticket (they ask a million questions over and over to see if your story will change)

8. once again dont play in groups it is a pain in the ass!!!

as you can tell my group had a very bad experience winning what the OLG called and insignificant amount of money they actually treat you like criminals

here is a link to our pic not everyone that won can dowtown

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg427/T...01/IMG_8230.jpg

Edited by skeeter99

Depends on your view, 5 years of playing in a pool at work 3, 4, 5, times of hitting 80-90 bucks, enough to cover the next weeks entry money for the people involved.

5 years of chasing my wife off and on until she trapped me, still a big winner there. Managed to work long enough to get my retirement before I got too sick to work, so that was like a jackpot.

Better to be happy than rich? At least content? Now if I could hit the health lottery, a few years in a boat to make up for lost time? :clapping:

Gave up buying tickets after many years of doing so...$32 a month went to paying for the second telephone I needed for the computer when we moved up here...(dial-up)

The closest I ever got to hitting the jackpot was when I spent the day fishing with Lew on his lake...Knowing I wasn't a musky fisherman he took me to a couple of bass spots where I got lucky... :thumbsup_anim:

I've hit the big prize on nevada tickets a few times, I think the biggest was $250, but I don't really buy them often and never more than $2-3 worth at a time. Guess I've been kinda lucky with those. A fellow that my father worked with won a big amount a number of years ago. I can't remember the exact figure but I think it was in the 2 mil range.

Guest skeeter99
I win at the lottery every week. I don't buy any. Never have. I reckon I'm up $20 a week over the average player.

you are right roy u are a winner

the countless charities this supports and hospitals etc....

seems like a smal price to help someone who needs it?

as you can tell my group had a very bad experience winning what the OLG called and insignificant amount of money they actually treat you like criminals

that's a pretty good win. I recently heard about a bit of a problem with a work group ticket on a US lottery. i think it was about 15 people who won a lottery over $200M and they were trying to cut out 4 people from the win because they weren't there the day that particular ticket was bought but they are normally part of it. I think the 4 left out were taking legal action on the grounds that some of the small winnings from previous tickets carried over to buy the new tickets. I wonder how that turned out.

my buddys mom won some like 5-6mill about 15years ago. she was actually smart with her money and probably has more now then what she won through canadian savings bonds and such. they have a nice big house with a swimming pool inside and 3 brand new cars in the drive living comfortly. her hushand quit his day job and drove a handicap bus for years for something to do and to help others until he had a heart attack and died in his bus last fall. they are some great ppl and i dont see how others that win blow it all and fast.

you are right roy u are a winner

the countless charities this supports and hospitals etc....

seems like a smal price to help someone who needs it?

I suppose you've learned from them Bubba. If I want to help someone, I'll bring them what they could use and there won't be 98% taken off the top. And, I do it every day.

this january I bought 2 $5 tickets on the mega ball $150 million lottery when I was in florida, I had the mega ball number on both tickets, but because I played the power plan (or something like that) which doubles your payout, I think the payout was $12, so I told my friends that live in florida to keep the tickets and buy some doggie treats for their dogs.