Perch, Walleye and Whitie Report

Leecher

Well guys since mother nature was giving us a break this weekend with some milder weather, the plan was for Paul, Kevin and I to hit a couple of lakes today.... one for eyes early morning and the other for whities in early afternoon.

Got up at 5:00am, temperature was -12C and no wind. Paul and I left home at 5:30am to pickup Kevin and made a pit stop to Timmies for some hot brew and the way we went, destination Lac St-Marie.

Arrived around 6:45am and got setup. We each had 3 tip-ups rigged with dead small minnows.... here a shot of our setup

IMGP1760.jpg

and Paul jigging away

IMGP1759.jpg

Did not take long for the action to start B) Kevin got into his first walleye, an 18" incher.... BEAUTY!!

IMGP1753.jpg

Then he gets another, same hole :w00t: a 17.5" incher..... here he's holding both.... WOW :w00t:

IMGP1754.jpg

Then it's my turn with a 17" incher B)

IMGP1755.jpg

All the while Paul got a hit too but could not land it :wallbash: I was thinking eye frenzy and could not believe that we just landed 3 eyes in the spawn of 30 minutes.... but all of a sudden, we get into a perch frenzy jumbo style :w00t:

Kevin was first to land a 12" incher.... incredible!!

IMGP1761.jpg

and I landed also a 12" incher... my personal best B)

IMGP1764.jpg

Here is another one around 11"

IMGP1762.jpg

Here's a pic of some of the ones we kept for a fry

IMGP1765.jpg

At this point, around 10:00am, the perch were very active and diminishing our stock of minnows. The eyes were no where to be found and decided to call it a day since we had another lake to tackle. So we packed up and headed for our new destination.

Arrived around 11:00ish and could not decide which area of the lake to target.... decision, decision LOL didn't have to flip a coin.... headed out to the south end of the lake only the find someone fishing the spot that we had targeted last week :wallbash: and the wind was gusting pretty bad so we decided to head to another area that was about 1000 meters away but the draw back was we had to walk there :w00t:

We hit a lot of slush holes on the way there and made the walking very difficult.... once arrived, Kevin started to drill holes and got setup and started jigging.... NOTHING... Moved a little closer to an island and this is where Kevin got a hit, fought this fish for a couple of minutes, was taking drag and lost it :-(

Moved a little closer into the channel and this is where Kevin landed his PB!! a 4.5Lbs whitie and what a fight it was. Took a pic while he was fighting it

IMGP1766.jpg

After the pic, started filming with my camera but it does not have sound capabilities.... here is the vid

th_IMGP1767.jpg

What a beast.... check it out!!

IMGP1768.jpg

Then after an hour went by, was jigging a silver / blue Foxee tipped with a white fish fry and all of a sudden this fish hits my Foxee like a freight train.... BANG.... FISH ON!! the battle lasted several minutes and was able to land my first ever whitie B)

MAN what a fight that thing gave me.... It was nuts... was going around the hole all the way up to the top LOL

Took a couple of pics of my trophy

IMGP1772.jpg

IMGP1770.jpg

FINALLY THE SKUNK IS OFF LOL :-)

All in all caught a dozen perch, 3 very nice eyes and 2 whities

Doesn't get any better than that

Hope you enjoy

Jacques

What a great report jaque i lovet he way you put this one together. :thumbsup_anim:

seems like you are getting the hang of the lil foxxee! hein ehin! HEIN! :whistling:

no told me that there was MONSTER COREGONES!

now we are on the hunt for the 6 + lbs DU BLANC!

MAN talk about big perch those were the size of a one pound bass! :w00t:

Whats so funny about this is that you guy on simcoe lake are hitting these fish in 80 - 100FOW.

We FANILAY located them in 15 - 25 FOW!

im thinking they move deeper in late ice.!

thanx for all the gr8 comments guys. verry apreciated.

cong on the PB jaques. :Gonefishing:

Good one guys!!!....looks like a great day outing! :thumbsup_anim:

Hmmmmm....so you guys took me up to that Whitie Lake last weekend and we fished an area that doesn't produce eh??? :wallbash: ....I'll remember that come Muskie season :whistling:;)

Steve we parked along the road , where that local dude sent us , but this time we walked to the islands that were over to the right of us ,The ones that were one KILOMETER away....... :wacko::wacko:

Lots of time left to go back :clapping: