Pics from the past.

Bernie

Those are awesome photo's Bernie.

I love looking at the clothes and everything in the background.

All the empties on the picnic table in the first pic reminds me of my family cottage pics from back when!!

Great stuff.

Joey

Wowee Terry. You sure cleaned that photo up. Nicely done. Thank you.

I guess if I am going to collect some of this old stuff it may be worthwhile to get a program to do repairs.

PS.. The young girl is my fathers mother.

Edited by Bernie

Great Job Bernie,

It is great to see pictures from the past, I wish my father - inlaw was still with us as he would be very interested in the hockey pics as he played in Powassan back in the 50's. As a matter of fact we have an old jersey (sweater material actually) that he past on to his grandson before he passed on, we still have some family up that way.

Really amazing, Bernie -- I had the pleasure of working at a lodge on the South Shore one summer...I got to keep all the Giesler boats cleaned and gassed and shuffled for new clients. In the spring when we were getting them ready, I noticed the signature under the bench and asked my boss "Why did Bert Reynolds sign this boat? -- And why is his name spelled wrong?" :lol::lol:

Outstanding pictures Bernie, and like others have said, it's great to look back on these old memories. Hopefully you'll share more of them with us.

Being as you come from a long line of cedarstrip boat builders I thought you may be interested in this one, although I've posted it before and you may have already seen it.

This is my Dad trolling in his 15' cedarstrip back about 1955 and it's interesting to note that the steering wheel is on the left side of the boat rather than the right side as they are today, and also is situated in the rear seat rather than the front, but I recall many of the old cedarstrips from that era were configured the same way.

The old gear shift is quite different from today also with the 2 levers rather than a single....one for shifting from fwd-rev-neutral and the other is the throttle. It also gives a good view of the old cable/pulley systen for the steering hook-up.

That 25 HP Johnson was actually green but somehow came out brown when the picture was colorized.

Things have sure come along ways in 50 odd years.

And BTW, that fishing pole Dad's using is the very pole I learned to fish with :Gonefishing:

Cnv1206.jpg

Really amazing, Bernie -- I had the pleasure of working at a lodge on the South Shore one summer...I got to keep all the Giesler boats cleaned and gassed and shuffled for new clients. In the spring when we were getting them ready, I noticed the signature under the bench and asked my boss "Why did Bert Reynolds sign this boat? -- And why is his name spelled wrong?" :lol::lol:

A great fellow named Bert Rennette worked at the boat shop for many years. He has retired several years ago.

Outstanding pictures Bernie, and like others have said, it's great to look back on these old memories. Hopefully you'll share more of them with us.

Being as you come from a long line of cedarstrip boat builders I thought you may be interested in this one, although I've posted it before and you may have already seen it.

This is my Dad trolling in his 15' cedarstrip back about 1955 and it's interesting to note that the steering wheel is on the left side of the boat rather than the right side as they are today, and also is situated in the rear seat rather than the front, but I recall many of the old cedarstrips from that era were configured the same way.

The old gear shift is quite different from today also with the 2 levers rather than a single....one for shifting from fwd-rev-neutral and the other is the throttle. It also gives a good view of the old cable/pulley systen for the steering hook-up.

That 25 HP Johnson was actually green but somehow came out brown when the picture was colorized.

Things have sure come along ways in 50 odd years.

And BTW, that fishing pole Dad's using is the very pole I learned to fish with :Gonefishing:

Cnv1206.jpg

Lew that is a great picture! I have seen it once before here but it has been a couple of years ago.

Early boats had the steering to the left and for some reason switched to right. Possibly to offset prop torque.

The old outboards sure had their good points. Durable and quality manufactured.

But today's motors also are well made and much easier on fuel.

Dad would never let me use his fishing rod! Ha!

Hey Bernie, this is awesome stuff, love the pics and your insights into them, very entertaining. It must feel wonderful to have those memories preserved and some actual roots you can relate to so well. Thank you, one of my favourite posts yet.

Dano thank you for your kind words. Glad you enjoy them.

This is the last couple from this bagful of photos. Time to go and dig out some more.

Some may recognize this body of water but it sure doesn't look like this now on the land.

Callander Bay about 5 decades ago or more.

Morescannedstuff_0006.jpg

Don't know who these fellows are but it shows the styles and the car of the day.

Morescannedstuff_0005.jpg

This was taken on a farm in Trout Creek by my dad.

Morescannedstuff_0004.jpg

This is a group of my dads brothers and friends duck hunting on an island near Spanish.

Note the beer case.

Morescannedstuff_0001.jpg

That's all for a couple days. If anyone would like to add to the post please feel free to do so!

Edited by Bernie