Fish elevator

camillj

I like it...don't see it tangling as long as you move it over quickly once the fish is past the bottom of the ice. I wonder if I could use the scoop the same way though....as long as it's on the side of the hole once the fight starts. Not too shabby :)

That has got to be one of the dumbest things i have ever seen !!!!! If i got one of these for x mas i could post it in that other post about the not so great x mas presents..... I wouldnt take one if they wee free just my opinion :angry:

To me, once the fish head is in the hole and your pulling on the line, don't see that fish going back down if it's a big fish. So why add this? I can see it being usefull for smaller fish that can make a u turn but not the big ones.

Just my 2 cents

Yes ... I too am sceptical .. but then I watched the video again and heres what I saw ...

1) Roy ... nope looks like the fish cant get wrapped around the scoop (as long as you dont try to move/turn it until the fish reaches the hole)

2) For bigger fish Id say it could be a problem (unless the ice is pretty thick) - but then its a whole heck of a lot more sporting than a gaff

3) For bigger fish (once the head is up the hole you can kinda 'block the escape' while you reach in for the head

4) Seems to me that most fish have to lie around on the ice - freezing while you decide what to do next ... in this case you could have a 'live well' while you fiddle with cameras and the like - especially if you are planning to let em go

Anyhow ... I probably wont get one because ... I think its just another thing I'll end up carting around in my trunk all the time "just in case" I go fishin tomorrow .. and I dont have any more room :)

Anyhow I was wondering if anyone had ever actually tried it ... guess nobody from our gang has (yet)