12/29/08 pics

Greencoachdog

The forecast high for yesterday was 60*F with NW winds of 5-10 mph and I couldn't stand it anymore!!! ;)

We've been getting a lot of rain that we desperately need, but it kinda screws up the fishin'! The rains have turned the water into chocolate milk with about 4-6" visibility and Alabama Power has been really pullin' the dog crap out of the water thru the dam to try and keep up with the rainfall. All these variables have the fish "off", they're deeper than usual and sulking! I Hate Insolent Fish!!! :angry:

I was on the water and had the Sabiki rigs baited up by 9:00 a.m with no action, the rains have raised the surface temp from 45*F the last time I was out, to 50*F now.. the only good thing for the fish.

I started playing with the Humminbird, viewing the different screens while there wasn't any action. I like this option of being able to view the 83 khz and 200 khz cones indepently.

The 83 khz (narrow beam) is on the left side of the screen and the 200 khz (wide beam) is on the right.

I didn't get any detectable bites until about 11:30 when this guy hit.

A real nice little Blue Cat!

After noon, I started getting some small kitten fish blue cats (bait stealers)... then I got another pansized Blue.

At about 2 p.m I pulled up to my favorite point and decided to do some casting. I tied on one of my homemade jigs in Glow chartreuse with a white culy tail on it, I used the GLOW because the water was so muddy... It Worked!!!

On the 3rd cast, this Largie decided he'd have a go at the jig!

Then these "Spots" thought they might like to eat it too!

Then the Bass bite died, so I went back to dragging the Sabiki's with a couple of good fish quick released before I could see them :rolleyes:

It was getting late, so I setup to take the pics out of the wind when one of the Sabiki rig rods went off... a good fight, and guess who came to visit?

Mr. Crappie!!!

The actual species I'd been looking for all day, and my first one of the winter!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Here's a pic of the Crappie and some of the Cats in the livewell.

The 2 larger cats and the Crappie came home for dinner... the Bass and the smaller cats were released to grow bigger! :Gonefishing:

Edited by GCD

Yup, same stuff goin' on up here GCD with the rain and warm temps that have melted tons of snow, the rivers are pretty gruesome right now. A lot of us are hunkered down and waiting for 'em to clear. Oh well, at least we can live vicariously through posts like yours! Nice job!

But you failed to give us the obligatory 'supper' shot! lol

Dang it Glen :wallbash: ...ya had to show us that nice soft water and boat eh? :wallbash: ......well, all I can say is that it's not 60*F nor do we have 5 - 10mph winds here this morning...what WE DO HAVE is -18*C windchill (-0.4*F) and 44 - 67km/h winds (27 - 41mph) :canadian::w00t:

Here's what I get to look at today while sitting by the warm fire dreaming about soft water season :Gonefishing: .....

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the report and some nice looking fish pics :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Great report and pics Glen :thumbsup_anim:

Sometimes switching it over pays off when anything else fails :thumbsup_anim:

Great mix bag o fish you got into, congratulations :clapping:

When I saw the hand pic.... I thought to myself...OH no not another emergency operation :wallbash::lol:

Glad it was only to show your jig :lol:

Again good job and keep them reports coming!!

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Flippin' heck!

Nce haul considering the fish were being insolent...lol...you take such a refreshing view of life Glen...

Nice to see the bassasassaasses(plural) cme out to play.

And that is a neat trick with the dual cones.

Top stuff man...why oh why has it been so long since ya went out?

Thanks for sharing.

Simon.

(volcanic ash.....lol)

But you failed to give us the obligatory 'supper' shot!

Yeah, I was going to do that but forgot until supper was done and the fish was all gone... it's a real shame too 'cause Ol' Yeller fried them up real good in the Progresso bread crumbs too!!! :P

danbo Posted Today, 10:31 AM

Purdy nice haul..how come ya got yer pajama top on?

PJs is fer wimmins!!!... I sleep au natural... would you like a high res pic??? :asshat:

mikeh Posted Today, 11:54 AM

congrats on catching all those fish , was that an average outing? (catch wise)

It was average on the Catfish, above average on the Bass, and below what I would like average for the Crappies. :Gonefishing:

It was a good day and just a fuzz above averge! :thumbsup_anim:

limeyangler Posted Today, 12:03 PM

Top stuff man...why oh why has it been so long since ya went out?

(volcanic ash.....lol)

Well like I mentioned earlier, it has been raining a lot... I've been out one time before but only caught one catfish in 6 hrs. (the worst I've ever done on this lake that I can remember) that wasn't pic or report worthy... Plus Ol' Yeller will really kick my :asshat: if I go without permission!!! :blush:

.. you mean that isn't volcanic ash??? :dunno:

Sinker Posted Today, 12:46 PM

Nice going Glen!! Looks like some good eats bud!!!

I'd still rather be fishing thru a hole in the ice, we only get the chance to do it for a few months of the year........when ya comin??

Thanks for the report!

Sinker

Yeah that fishin' thru a hole in the ice is fun stuff too!!! :canadian::Gonefishing:

As soon as Ol' Yeller says it's ok for me/us to go (see above reply) ;)

Hey GCD. Is it easy to get a non-residence license there. Would you take me out fishing if I came down during the winter? What's the name of your town?

Curt

You can get a non resident license at Wal-Mart with a valid picture ID in about 10 minutes!

Come on down!!!... the waters fine! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I live in Lincoln Alabama, aboot 10 miles from the NASCAR Talladega International Speedway.

I'll supply all the tackle if you buy the minnows ($10 for 8 dozen)

That jacket yer wearin' looks like it hasn't seen a wash in a coon's age!

We call that a "shirt" down here Jed... I know, I know... you may have never seen me wearin' one, but it's winter down here yanno!!! :canadian:

Being unwashed gives it "character"!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by GCD