Finally connected

richyb

So after a long year and many hours in the bush it finally happend. The first 3/4 of the year i was hunting big bucks only with no luck so I figured the season is winding down so a doe will do ... I was on my way into my stand lastnight and spotted 2 does feeding along the standing corn in the field. I put and arrow in my compound bow and waited but they crossed the field, jumped the fence and into the bush .. I walked over to the fence and they had walked up the far side of the fence towards me and I was now staring at 2 does at 20 yards but it was too thick to shoot .... I backed out into the field again and went up the fence 20 feet or so and tried my luck again and yep they were still there and I had a 1 foot square hole to poke an arrow through but the deer were already past it but then the biggest doe stomped her foot and started coming back towards the hole to investigate what I was and when she hit the hole I whistled to stop her and let the carbon fly at 15 yards. I watched her go down within 40 yards and i was rewarded with a nice doe.

doe.jpg