In the Spirit of Lundboy's Gloom and Doom...

Greencoachdog

How many folks will perish  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many folks will perish this year by falling thru the ice?

• 5?
    • 10?
    • 15?
    • more than 15

I really don't like this poll, but every year there are too many posts about stupid people falling thru the ice and losing their live because of their stupidity! :angry:

I really do hope that nobody goes to an icy grave this year, and if this thread just makes one person stop and think before they do something stupid... it's worth it!

Be careful out there y'all!!! Wear your flotation suits or a PFD, take a buddy with you! Go to areas where there are other people!!!

Have fun, be careful, and catch lots of fish this hardwater season!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

If I recall correctly, I think the Simcoe season started off last year with 2 snowmobilers losing their lives, and then an older guy got lost out in the fog and walked the wrong way and ended up dying from exposure? Simcoe alone tends to get a few ppl each year...

Does anybody ever notice that there are alot more snowmobilers,NOT ICE FISHERMEN go through the ice and drowned every year !!!! i hope none will die but the harsh reality is that there will be !!!! :wallbash::wallbash::dunno::mellow:

As I recall, alcohol seems to be a factor in a number of these snowmobile fatalities.

If I recall correctly, I think the Simcoe season started off last year with 2 snowmobilers losing their lives, and then an older guy got lost out in the fog and walked the wrong way and ended up dying from exposure? Simcoe alone tends to get a few ppl each year...

No, if I recall, the old fellow died from a stroke. Simcoe doesn't "get" people, they do it to themselves.

I am not sure what the intention of this poll is? But I would say that there will be a lot more people drown because they didn't wear a life jacket then there will be people who go through the ice.

Generally it isn't the inexperienced angler who ventures forth on the ice that gets into trouble. It is usually the person who thinks that they know exactly when and where the ice is safe who runs into situations where they could possibly face an icy grave.

On another note... anyone who lives in a place where the temperature doesn't go low enough to warrant ice forming on water shouldn't be worried about all us crazy Canucks that have to deal with the ice... but that is just a personal thought. :whistling:

I am not sure what the intention of this poll is? But I would say that there will be a lot more people drown because they didn't wear a life jacket then there will be people who go through the ice.

Generally it isn't the inexperienced angler who ventures forth on the ice that gets into trouble. It is usually the person who thinks that they know exactly when and where the ice is safe who runs into situations where they could possibly face an icy grave.

The intention of this poll is to hopefully make people stop and think before they do something risky out on the ice.

On another note... anyone who lives in a place where the temperature doesn't go low enough to warrant ice forming on water shouldn't be worried about all us crazy Canucks that have to deal with the ice... but that is just a personal thought. :whistling:

I am fortunate enough to have relatives (by marriage) and a lot of very good friends that live in Canada... and I really do consider them all a part of an extended family!

I really do hate reading the obituary types posts that appear on this board at this time of year because of carelessness on the ice... but I do read them to see if it was somebody I know.

I don't understand how people can go out on the ice without reading up first on how to do it safely.

It's like never having driven before and suddenly jumping into a stock car race. You could very well DIE if you don't know what to do!

I do ice fish alone, but I know how to go about it safely. All else fails and I'm unsure, I tie a rope to my waist around a tree or something heavy on shore, then drill a test hole.

I've been through the ice 3 times.. floater suit saved my life twice, first time I was a dumb kid who got lucky. IMO if you're venturing out on "virgin ice" (aka nobody around) you're an idiot to not wear some kind of floatation device.. and carry ice picks for that matter.

Please, please, please, everybody going out this year.. take the proper precautions. A touch of hypothermia is much better than an obituary.

I am not sure what the intention of this poll is?

Think i know the intention, however i read a Lundboy link where the Pleiadians in conjunction with Illuminati and Bilderberg Group are conspiring to soften the ice in Ontario. lol :whistling:

So i think way less than 5 people will perish actually ice fishing, but more snowmobilers and trucks will go through as usual.

Guest lundboy
Think i know the intention, however i read a Lundboy link where the Pleiadians in conjunction with Illuminati and Bilderberg Group are conspiring to soften the ice in Ontario. lol :whistling:

So i think way less than 5 people will perish actually ice fishing, but more snowmobilers and trucks will go through as usual.

Like I believe anyone reads my links.

It's the Serians, not the Pleiadians... Masonry and the mystery religions are based on Serius-the Dog Star.

:P

Edited by lundboy