OFN COMMUNITY CALL FOR HELP!!

TJQ

Over the past few months one of our moderators has seen a dramatic decline in his heath, that has affected his ability to work more than a couple days a week. I count him as one of my close friends, as many many users here do. He has been involved in helping me here since I can remember running any and all versions of my message board and keeping me calm when we run into trouble.

I have talked to him and he begrudgingly has allowed me to help him out in this fashion. We've helped out numerous people here who have needed it, and now its Rick turn. He has spent many many hours on this board moderating and making sure that everything runs as smooth as possible and I think its our turn to pay him back.

He just needs some help to get over this hump and through some surgery so he can get back on his feet again.

I am in the process of organizing some auctions on his behalf, and if you want to help right away, you can send some help his way at:

Rick O'Banion

14 Haight Street

St. Catherines, ON L2P 2M1

Lets get together and show everyone, once again, what kind of a community we have here.

Rick is a great supporter of this community and a great guy.He is a very proud man and if he agreed to accept help he really needs it.Lets do what we can to ease him thru this tough time.If anyone lives near him he may need some help with his animals and maybe a little visit.

Joe

I see no reason WHY, this will NOT, be one of our best auctions to aid one of our greatest members. Rick I have met and is one of the classiest members on this board,smart too.

I,ll be doing me darndest to get a few items for this auction guys.

Rick you have many friends here and yes,we have shoulders for you to lean on. FAMILY. :clapping::canadian:

I'll have auction items to help out. Let me know via PM when the auction will happen. How about a variety of new Craftsman tools? I have a 50pc screwdriver set and a 4 pc plier set to donate as well as an 11pc combo screwdriver/plier set. Let me know who to mail them to.

I've never met you Rick, but send you my best wishes. Cheers!

Edited by ctdd2006

Thanks to all you guys. It has been quite a challenging year for me.

I am seeing the surgeon on the 11th and should have a date set soon after. I am not looking forward to getting this type of surgery, but I have been battling this since the spring and all other options have been exhausted.

Six months of this was just too much and waiting longer was creating other risks....

I am not looking forward to the recovery, but it has to be done. They seem fairly sure the cancer has not returned, but the damage has to be repaired and the growth have to come out. Get out the ice packs.

We are seeing some very nice support here, that's how we roll at OFC. What we need for Rick right now is some hard, short term support, if that meaning is clear. A letter to TJ will result in a forward to Rick, with no names attached.

An auction is still a great idea, for the longer term. I will definitely bid on a guide package, any takers?