early ice-up

Jer

...it just got light enough out to see outside...

...and the lake is starting to freeze already, looks like a solid skim most of the way across.

...and me with my docks still in the water, the boat is out, but not covered or winterized yet.

Is this all coming too early this year? or is just me?

Took the dog out this morning and our back-yard pond was frozen over for the first time this season....I'm hoping our waterfall keeps one end open so the fish can get some oxygen this winter...

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

There's nothing like softwater, but we can't do anything about the impending season so if it's going to be cold and snowy we might as well have ice to! The part I hate most is when the ice is to thin for fishing but there's to much ice for a boat...

Cheers,

UF

I'm with you there brother!!! I call it December. Except for the Jolly fat guy bringing you stuff on the 25th...pretty much a useless month as far as I am concerned.

yeah it wasn't so bad growing up in Sudbury, but since I moved down south here by Long Point it seems like the whole winter is a write off...we're lucky to get 4 weeks of solid ice.

yeah it wasn't so bad growing up in Sudbury, but since I moved down south here by Long Point it seems like the whole winter is a write off...we're lucky to get 4 weeks of solid ice.

I miss getting out on the ice Boxing day. Getting out to try our new sticks and gear we got for Xmas with a litlle pick-up game of hockey, or going for a run on the sleds doing a (wow) roaring 40mph on my Olympic

I just pick a bit of ice off the boat cover..if I have to get a friend with a 4X4 to come get me,,,and go trout fishin :thumbsup_anim:

but then again, I can't wait to round up a few troups and hit up the trailer for some hardwater pikin and pickin :Gonefishing:

Since I moved up north I haven't had any problem finding ice. :whistling:

It's been warm so far this winter so we've only had ice for 3 weeks now. :rolleyes:

Now it would only hurry up and get thick enough for travel. :wallbash:

Here's a shot from last February or March :thumbsup_anim:

P2230006.JPG