Pike are loving the Firetiger Jakes.

GbayGiant

Well last time out yesterday got a huge pike, and went out musky fishing again today and surprise- surprise another nice one but smaller than the last one, pike that is, can't get any musky, lol.

This one was on the other side of the bay not even close to where I got the one yesterday but same lure and same deal, it hit on a 15" hump off a point rite when it started bouncing. I heard my real clicker start to scream and looked back and seen a nice fish fly totally out of the water 4 or 5 feet, so of course I thought to myself "nice finally another musky" started reeling it in and it jumped clear out of the water again, got it to the boat and its a damn Pike, :( anyway not bad but it totaled the lucky Firetiger Jake and swallowed all the hooks so I had to cut them all out but she did swim away with no blood.

So much for that myth that Pike don't jump I guess.

med_gallery_322_145_59824.jpg

med_gallery_322_145_97367.jpg

I had no idea this Jake was wood, always thought they were plastic ? well off to the repair shop she goes. :w00t:

med_gallery_322_145_75372.jpg

I'm almost positive it's a Jake Dan but could be wrong, maybe Jake's use to be wood too ? I wish they were all wood still though could be they reason this one is working so good with a little different action. It's the exact same as my other Jake's in size and shape and my Grandmas have a different lip and a little smaller but could be a old style Grandma.

Great stuff John.. and quit putting the hook thru your line guides

Yeah, that was just for the shot Wayne, I usually hook the top hook onto the reel so the hooks don't scratch the rod or bend the guides.

Edited by GbayGiant

Thanks boys.

wow, that's a beauty pike. At that size, I'd actually enjoy it rather than the usual "dang pike" reaction

Yeah I hear you Rizzo, they are still nice to get when there big but they are big enough to think you got a musky and then they get to the boat and it's not, but I can't complain they were fun to catch.

Think I'll have to go with the 14" Jake's next time out, these 10"ers are to small for the muskies this year apparently.

Edited by GbayGiant