I hate this time of year

tinbanger

Hunting posts , boat storage posts , steelhead posts , NF posts , hockey posts ...can mean only one thing ...soft water fishing is almost over. :wallbash:

I have 6 trips planned for the next 6 weeks and they will fly by .

December is the cruelest month

tb

I live 2 blocks from the Niagara River, and fish the steelies all winter long, and late winter lakers as well..there's always soft water fishing 12 months a year...my boat sees the water more in the winter than the summer :Gonefishing:

You know you can fish the BOQ until December but a boat with windshield would be the better choice of vessels that time of year.And our Honda Odysseys not so good at the ramp in December where there is a wil there is a way.

What bothers me is how long it takes to get safe ice .I think we need to organize an Alabama G2G a little Nascar some fishing by the Dam ,maybe some ocean fishing hell we could even watch the Bozo's at GCD's favorite launch.

MTP

I've been to Florida a few times to get some bass fishing down in Kissimee in January and February. Feels kinda strange to walk out of your hotel in the heart of Orlando and start catching bass and bream. I think the City of Orlando had 30 stocked lakes in the city last time I checked.

I've fished in Disney as well. What a hoot.

I could like that kind of G2G.

Oh man don't tell me that bigugli, I just bailed out of a family disney trip (7 days hanging out with my brothers bratty kids). Now I've gotta rethink the whole thing!

Oh and to stay on topic, I agree - the next 2-3 months are painful, I have to admit that it's time to organize the lures that have been scattered into 100 different planos and clean the gear :(

Oh man don't tell me that bigugli, I just bailed out of a family disney trip (7 days hanging out with my brothers bratty kids). Now I've gotta rethink the whole thing!

Oh and to stay on topic, I agree - the next 2-3 months are painful, I have to admit that it's time to organize the lures that have been scattered into 100 different planos and clean the gear :(

You poor man. Early morning you walk out the hotel door and there is a stocked pond just stacked with C & R piggies. The grounds keepers become your private cheering section as you pound the banks. They have bass charters out of 3 different locations. They will provide everything. They even have a 2 hour kids session at Ft Wilderness. They also have pontoon boats to rent. I've fished at New Orleans, Ft. Wilderness, Pop Century and Disney downtown. On my last trip down we took my mother along. She had never been to Disney. We booked a 1/2 day charter of spinnerbait and shinner fishing. What a hoot. I went fishing every morning before breakfast.

I go nowhere if there is no fishing!

Be safe Rizzo... big winds for the next couple of days on the bay!

Dave.... suck it up... There's some trips left on the bay yet fella! Water is still warm and boat's still ready... now just gotta find some/make some time! Got some new baits ready so gotta go hunting for the big gal...

Feels kinda strange to walk out of your hotel in the heart of Orlando and start catching bass and bream.

Now there's a name you don't see to often on this board, Bream is what we Rednecks call all sunfish. It's even written into our fishing regulations meaning all Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Pumpkinseeds, Green Sunfish, Rock Bass, Warmouth, and Fliers.

Our version of the Walleye/Pickeral thing.

Now there's a name you don't see to often on this board, Bream is what we Rednecks call all sunfish. It's even written into our fishing regulations meaning all Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Pumpkinseeds, Green Sunfish, Rock Bass, Warmouth, and Fliers.

Our version of the Walleye/Pickeral thing.

Had a blast catching them in Florida. We were using little shrimp/ grass prawns? as bait.