Hacker breaks into Winners system! (NF)

Headhunter

On the news today, just thought I'd bring it to the attention of all here...

A hacker has apparently broken into the system of T J Maxx, which is also Winners and Home Sense. Folks who may have shopped there should take a very close look at their December bank and credit card statements, to ensure that they have not been taken by this low life.

There's a lot to be said for paying in cash!

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Unbelievable the lengths they go to. cash is KING!!!! :Gonefishing:

..but it's getting harder and harder to use. Everyone with their Debit and Credit cards...being Sheepple so Revenue Canada can track your @$$ with the stroke of a keyboard. Cash is tabo and like Terry says if you have it you're are suspected of being into crime. I really get pissed when a store cashier will state "don't you have credit cards" and I say "why...don't you know how to make change". Try depositing or withdrawing a large quantity of money anymore from a bank...heck try even spending a $100 bill these days. Not sure what they are worried about...it's the 5's and 20's that are fake these days. 15 years ago if you went into a bank to get a large quantity of cash to pay a contractor, but a boat etc, they'd give you them nice red $1000 bills. Now it's all worn out 20's.

Winners eh....wife shopped there over Christmas..hmmm.. no she spend cash as well..we're good! Thanks Joe!

No problem Wayne... What really drives me nuts are all the retailers who display signs stating that they will not accept $50.00 or $100.00 bills. It is illegal for them to not accept legal tender. I have had more than one arguement with various retailers who insist that they can make such a decision legally. They can't! They must prove to me that the bill is not legal.

And yah, any time your purchasing something with any kind of card, your displaying your personal information to whom ever the retailer wants to divulge that information to, probably for a fee.

Let's not even get started on the "rewards programmes"!!! :w00t:

HH

Irish, you should have seen the bankers face when i applied for my truck financing, and I said I had 10G cash towards the purchse.

Cash?, she said.

Yep, i said.

She looked at me like a pure criminal, and told me i wouldn't get my loan unless i could account as to where the cash came from...i told her a shoebox.

Needless to say i got the loan, but man........is cash that hard to believe?

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a while on the cash thing, gas stations that won't accept anything larger than a twenty. Give me a break, until recently $20 wouldn't get you very far, by the way I paid $1.77 a gallon for gas last night :D. It's is truly amazing the funny looks you get for paying cash and as far as people making change well that's a whole different story, most can't anymore.

Whopper

The funniest Cash experience I had was when I took my F-in-law over to Lucan to buy his CH701 aircraft from the 80 something year old priest of the Lucan Catholic Church. Sitting in his office doing the paperwork and my f-in-law pulls out $30K in $100 bills and hands it to the priest. His hands were shaking so bad we had to count it out for him. He was fearful his roof was going to fall down from God frowning upon the transaction. LOL

There is generally cash involved in any aircraft transaction to complete the "lies" of the last guy that bought it at X dollars. Leah's always been concerned that I'll crash coming home one day with my little bank cheque box sitting on the seat beside me full of cash....and the newspaper headline will read. "Drug trafficers body found at crash site, aircraft destroyed, money impounded, wife brought in for questioning...."

My Mom is old school from the Depression era, and refuses to use a credit card, infact I doubt if she even has one, and pays everything with $$$$ or cheque. She has no interest in the "new fangled" debit cards either.

She recentely wanted to purchase a new fridge from Leon's, who she's dealt with for years, but they wouldn't accept her cheque because of all the trouble lately with bad ones. When she explained she didn't have credit or debit cards and didn't want to carry close to $1000 cash in her purse, they basically said sorry, but there's not much else we can do.

In the end I had to go and pay for it with my debit card for her, but that seems to be the norm in alot of places lately. Large bills are no longer accepted, and neither are cheques <_<

Makes life difficult for those that don't believe in plastic.

Has anyone else seen that horrible Visa add where everyone is paying for their lunch with visas when the guy whips out his cash and everything is screwed up? I personally find that add to be a whole lot of bogus Bull, cash is still way faster than credit card at the cashier, but the sad part is alot of people today, especially my generation, think its somehow better to pay high interest (or bank charges) and use plastic EVERYWHERE.