Sharks are cruising the beaches in South Florida!

Crazyhook

Can't wait to head down, the toothy ones are cruising off the beaches feeding on pale Canadians! JK

The Spinners have started to move and there have been many reports of loads of Bull sharks and some nice sized hammerheads...

Give me my rod!!!

here are some pics from this week, nice T head from the beach ( buddy sent me a report)

100_0063.jpg

100_0069.jpg

100_0070.jpg

7 feet.. ( toes are a bit close to the mouth for my liking!)

100_0075.jpg

Now I believe in catch and release but if its going to get you bite...

100_0082.jpg

Cool pictures. I'd hate to get pulled in with a shark attached to my line while I'm strapped to the rod like that guy is tho :blink: Note the people running down the beach to check it out.

And Nauti, I'd say any fish or shark would be aggresive if it had a hook stuck in its mouth and was being yanked into shore :lol: Just its survival instinct I'll bet.

Joey

Cool pictures. I'd hate to get pulled in with a shark attached to my line while I'm strapped to the rod like that guy is tho :blink: Note the people running down the beach to check it out.

And Nauti, I'd say any fish or shark would be aggresive if it had a hook stuck in its mouth and was being yanked into shore :lol: Just its survival instinct I'll bet.

Joey

LOL Joey...Well i would think any fish or mammal that was yanked arounf with a hook by its mouth would be pretty pished off to say the least.....lol

But i was under the impression the hammerheads were more the placid ones of most of the sharks...Ahh hell what do i know i watch to much bloody discovery planet i do.....lol

That was a supercool video man, thanks.

Can you imagine how extreme it would be to fish for them from a sit-on-top kayak?

060450.jpg

This was a black tip shark between 5-6ft long. It was released by the fisherman by cutting the flouro leader at boatside.

Edited by jediangler

Nice fish!

You are not allowed to fish for sharks within 1/2 mile of shore in Myrtle Beach because they don't want to the tourists to know they are around. If you do catch one accedently while fishing for other species, you are not allowed to use a net or gaff to help you land it, mind you the ones we are catching here are considered big at 10 lbs.

Guest mistyriver1

Very cool pics Jamie.

Did you catch that Discovery Channel special on the weekend on the 10 deadliest predator sharks ? When I started watching I thought for sure Great White's would be number 1....they were actually number 2......Bull Sharks were #1.

White tips I think were number 3 and Mako's were number 4. Great show !!

Nice fish!

You are not allowed to fish for sharks within 1/2 mile of shore in Myrtle Beach because they don't want to the tourists to know they are around. If you do catch one accedently while fishing for other species, you are not allowed to use a net or gaff to help you land it, mind you the ones we are catching here are considered big at 10 lbs.

Sharks are bad for beach tourism. Some county's in Florida have the same rules and you can get a big fine for fishing for and bringing a shark to the beach ( fine is something bad like endangering the well being of others).We usually drive up the coast about an hour to where you can do it.

Alot of people fish for them off the piers. I did it last time and got many looks from some of the tourists and pier rats.

Sharks are great fun and put up a great fight.Had a black Tip take 700 yards of line on the first run

As for the top 10 show. I saw that one it was awesome!!! Bull Sharks are crazy!!! on top of my to catch list as well! :)