Greencoachdog

I would/could bring a load of firewood with me, but don't want to run the risk of bringing an invasive insectpest with me like the Pine Borer Beetle that we have down here.... the Lakair camp wouldn't be too pretty of a place in a couple of years if they ever gained a foothold.

I wonder how much firewood Roger (BPSBASSMAN) will have at Memquisit Lodge?

Movement of infested wood now carries a big fine especially in controlled and restricted areas, the emerald ash borer & Asian long horn beetle have locked down movement of wood in the restricted zones which will widen to all of S Ontario soon. So everyone do yourself a favor and buy locally. Otherwise I could have given you a load of birch cherry oak hickory & maple from an unrestricted area.

I would/could bring a load of firewood with me, but don't want to run the risk of bringing an invasive insectpest with me like the Pine Borer Beetle that we have down here.... the Lakair camp wouldn't be too pretty of a place in a couple of years if they ever gained a foothold.

I wonder how much firewood Roger (BPSBASSMAN) will have at Memquisit Lodge?

Ya, and we don't want none of them thar black widder spiders up at Lakair either bubba, the dock spiders are bad enough :unsure:

Joey

Well I was down in Baton Rouge this week helpin' Lester with some stuff this week, and they were cuttin' up and haulin' all this beautiful Oak firewood that hurricane Gustov knocked over off to the landfills just to get rid of it!!!

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

... how big of a campfire do you think we could have with that stuff!!! :devil:

Big enough to roast some rather sizable marshmallows! :clapping:

I will be staying around the corner at Memquisit Lodge for our FishGuts Fall Classic. We'll be staying in Cabins #16 & 17. I'll be there from Sept. 15 to 21. Ned Devine (my son) and SoloGill will be there later in the week as well. Will definitely get over to see you guys.

Watch for the Tracker Pro Guide 16 with BPS stickers on the side.

DSC06471.JPG

Will try for Friday to get a chance to meet Mr. Clemens.

Check your PM box Roger :Gonefishing:

Well I was down in Baton Rouge this week helpin' Lester with some stuff this week, and they were cuttin' up and haulin' all this beautiful Oak firewood that hurricane Gustov knocked over off to the landfills just to get rid of it!!!

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

... how big of a campfire do you think we could have with that stuff!!! :devil:

The one tree, alone would heat my house for a month. Pity.

Looks like I'll finally make an OFC event after 4 years being on here! After Spiel twisting my arm to come along with him ;), I was able to get the Friday and Monday off. Thanks Chris for the invite, couldn't of come at a better time. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Ted

Edited by Hooked