Cabela's Canada

Wild

looking at the order form the prices are in CDN funds and of course purchasing out of Provence means no PST well except for Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador which Add 13% Harmonized.

So depending on overall shipping costs Cabala's may have the right idea here.

Was at the Cabelas(old SIR) this summer in Winnipeg. Had only recently converted over from SIR so stock was still fairly low. Prices very high but I think that was mostly due to Winnipeg and not Cabelas. Great hunting section though. Could have stayed for a few hours but only had about 30 minutes to kill

"The company had previously announced plans to build a store in Montreal in time for a fall of 2009 or spring of 2010 opening. Highby said its Canadian division could be worth US$200 million annually when it's fully established. He said he and Cabela's co-founder, Jim Cabela, both of whom met with S.I.R. employees on Wednesday night, have been well aware of S.I.R. and its position in the marketplace because they have hunted and fished across Canada for more than 30 years"

Just a small snip from this statement:

http://www.sirmailorder.ca/news_view.php?id=49

And I know that BPS is building in or around Montreal so Ontario must be next.

I saw that Cabela's website a couple of days ago. It is too bad that it has nothing much on fly tying. For me it has nothing.

At the start of 2007 I was under the impression that Cabela's was going to open a store in the spring of 2008 in Mirabel (north west of Montreal). Then I find out that BPS is going to open their store there. What happened? Or was I wrong? I was making plans to visit my Mom in Montreal in 2008. But I guess Cabela's had other plans.

I hope Cabela's opens a store at the old Molson's Park. BPS in Vaughan does not excite me and I have not been to this store so far.

I get the feeling that Cabela's as a store is on level one. And BPS is on level two. Only my feelings.

carp-starter

I get the feeling that Cabela's as a store is on level one. And BPS is on level two. Only my feelings.

I thought the same until I visited BP at Great Lakes Crossing. The staff was friendlier, store was cleaner/more organized and many of the prices were better than Cabela's in Dundee. The Vaughn BP store is nice enough but is "level two" compared to the Great Lakes Crossing location.

-Brian

I thought the same until I visited BP at Great Lakes Crossing. The staff was friendlier, store was cleaner/more organized and many of the prices were better than Cabela's in Dundee. The Vaughn BP store is nice enough but is "level two" compared to the Great Lakes Crossing location.

-Brian

Well that must have been after I was there last year in September, the staff looked like a bunch of raggamuffins, shirts not tucked in or buttoned, shoes looked like they just wander through the cow paddy, most had ketchup musturd stains, ask them a question...not my department, etc. I definitely won't waste my time there again.

I would agree with Slowpoke on this one!

Michigan BPS is miles ahead of BPS Vaughn, and I also found the Cabelas store in Michigan seemed to be going downhill. I've been to both of them many times over the year, but was very disappointed with cabelas last month.

The stock in the store was depleted and employees did not seem to care much.

I really like the Gander Mountain stores too. Not as big as the others, but some good deals to be had and very friendly staff.

• 2 months later...